Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

At least Gay Byrne actually sat down with the kids and talked through each of the the toys with them. It’s turned into a completely staged meme-farm under the Tubridy regime.

i don't own the land my house is built on. in theory i should be paying ground rent but whoever owns the land seems to have forgotten about us. anyway, i want to start the process of buying out the ground rent (there's a statutory process to allow you to force the sale at a reasonable price, usually between €800 and €1200 AFAIK) but i need some documentation the bank holds.
anyway, the bank sent me proof of transfer of the leasehold from the previous owner of the house to us, and told me this meant i own the place outright. either he just didn't read the document, or else he doesn't understand the concept.

I was in Walton's once casually staring at some hottie who was looking at cellos, and realised her fella had spotted me and was giving me a dirty look. And then I realised her fella was Ryan Tubridy

I've been saving that up for when I'm famous and he's interviewing me on the late late

It just pisses me off a bit that in ye olden days the kids were assigned toys, played with them for a few weeks, came on the show and talked about their actual experience. And Gay, who actually was a good interviewer, would help the kids to talk about them. And if they did or said something entertaining in the process, great.

Nowadays it’s a variety show content farm centred on Tubridy, with kids brought on based on them doing a hopefully reproducible and meme-able bit that they’ve been primed to do or say, all with some toys as a backdrop. The whole thing is completely lacking in spontaneity.

Some of these kids may have an “awwww” story and be deemed worthy victims by the production team and so are presented with a big gift/trip somewhere. The others can gtfo.

I still watch it though.

Last edited:
Some of these kids may have an “awwww” story and be deemed worthy victims by the production team and so are presented with a big gift/trip somewhere. The others can gtfo.
I've grown to really dislike that aspect of it. That and the charidee thing - I know they raise a pile of money, and I suppose it probably goes to people who need it, but ... could we not just have a show about toys?

I think he is good with kids though, especially little girls, and that puts a smile on my face. I feel like he didn't really bond with the kids at all on this year's one. Some of the kids were fun though - the kid in the batgirl outfit was just so hyper and had about a zillion different brands of toys in her batcave, reminded me of my own girls when they were that age

(obvs I watch it too, and I guess I will until the second Christmas when the kids don't come home for it (the first one me and Mrs. egg_ will probably watch it tearfully by ourselves while annoyingly sending texts to the kids the whole way through))

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back