Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (16 Viewers)

christ, that's appalling. did she any difference when she got vaxxed? i heard a few anecdotes about the vaccine easing long covid to a certain extent.
Hard to say - she was definitely better during the summer than she had been during winter/spring, hard to say if that was on account of the vaccines or the warmer weather or just randomness. Kinda went backwards a bit when it got cooler this autumn anyway

Maybe if you pitch a "startup" to them that basically funnels money back into the health service.

A health service on its knees is what they want, and what they campaigned on.

Let's post this again for the laugh:

What is not mentioned is that more hospital beds, without the additional staff to man them, would indeed slow existing staff down. 'ICU capacity' means beds AND the resources to use them.

Yeah. She had a real bad episode around the 2nd week of October (not able to move her limbs or talk), ended up in hospital again. Took her a week or two to get back to her equilibrium state which is where she is now - I'd say 65-75% of her pre-covid energy levels depending on the day. She's mostly ok so long as she gets 9-10 hours in bed at night and doesn't overdo it. Still spending a fortune on doctors to try and get to the bottom of things, without success.

Ah that is shit. sorry to hear egg_

Was texting my sister earlier. She has a kid in senior infants. She learned today that 11 out of the 24 that are usually in the classroom are currently out of school either as a close contact or with symptoms.

Gave the kid a rapid antigen test, negative thankfully.

Just back from a gig in Manchester.
It's not quite "back to normal" over there. Still a lot of mask wearing. Lots of clapping at the gig, almost no singing along and not too much roaring applause. People were quite quick to stand and clap to show their appreciation instead (it was a seated gig).
Most people weren't masked in the hall but quite a lot were once they left their seats and milled around in the foyer.
Manchester itself was quiet, no difficulty in maintaining distance from people. Trains were almost empty. The whole airplane experience wasn't great. I double masked for that.

I hope I didn't get Covid.

Just back from a gig in Manchester.
It's not quite "back to normal" over there. Still a lot of mask wearing. Lots of clapping at the gig, almost no singing along and not too much roaring applause. People were quite quick to stand and clap to show their appreciation instead (it was a seated gig).
Most people weren't masked in the hall but quite a lot were once they left their seats and milled around in the foyer.
Manchester itself was quiet, no difficulty in maintaining distance from people. Trains were almost empty. The whole airplane experience wasn't great. I double masked for that.

I hope I didn't get Covid.

Who did you go to see?

My friend who lives in Germany has had a torrid time these past couple of years. He moved back to Ireland during lockdown. Then had to move back to Germany as he couldn't access his bank account in Germany without Papieren. Literal, actual paperwork.

As I've found myself, the idea of German organisation and efficiency is a total myth. They're as bad as anyone else, worse in some ways.

I’m hoping to meet some friends tomorrow. I had Covid about a month ago. Is there any need or point to me taking an antigen test beforehand? Seeing as how I’ve had covid so recently?

I guess what I’m really asking is, how likely am I to get Covid and infect other people right now considering I had Covid only a month ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back