BREXIT (10 Viewers)

Imagining an alternate reality Britain where every Tory MP is in prison and Prime Minister Corbyn rocks up once a week on his bike to hand deliver you fresh veg

still suspended from his own party, for over a year now

england is such a bizarre place. I’ve been looking at it all my life and I sort of feel like I understand it less now than I ever might have before

anyway, let’s figure out what’s coming our way in the next couple of weeks, eh?

*ominous music*

TRIGGERING ARTICLE SIXTEEN

so david frost seems all gung-ho to do this, but ultimately it’s boris’s call. will boris do it? they’ve certainly done all of the groundwork for it, so now we’re into the shadowboxing of anticipating the responses. the EU seems eager, finally, to give some sort of dose of reality to the UK, but legally they’re not sure just how fast they can do it. sefcovic apparently wants to give a serious, harsh response to the whole thing, but then we’re into a trade war that nobody really wants.

the replies

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All this talk of Johnson losing it and about to be overthrown and.... it's like... he's acting the very same as when you all loved him.

its almost like hes,.....dunno....acting like such a thick he wants to distract people from something else
He's acting the same as he always does though.

Although it does remind me of this classic, remember there was this crazy conspiracy that he was trying to alter the google results with this interview?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

edit: haha, here it is

I followed Azeem Rafiq's campaign against institutional racism at Yorkshire county cricket club and beyond (a whitewash report by the club was rejected by their former player Rafiq and when his claims were finally upheld Yorks lost many major sponsors and the right to host England Test matches because of the Yorkshire board's actions).
as hugely difficult as it was for Azeem to get vindication at least there was accountability in the end.

the same doesn't seem to apply to politicians in the UK (or Ireland).
Boris Johnson has repeatedly been racist especially as a journalist. there is a huge long standing problem with Islamophobia in particular in Westminster and guess what? it is very rarely called out by the media in the way cricketers past behaviour is now being scrunitised.

I followed Azeem Rafiq's campaign against institutional racism at Yorkshire county cricket club and beyond (a whitewash report by the club was rejected by their former player Rafiq and when his claims were finally upheld Yorks lost many major sponsors and the right to host England Test matches because of the Yorkshire board's actions).
as hugely difficult as it was for Azeem to get vindication at least there was accountability in the end.

the same doesn't seem to apply to politicians in the UK (or Ireland).
Boris Johnson has repeatedly been racist especially as a journalist. there is a huge long standing problem with Islamophobia in particular in Westminster and guess what? it is very rarely called out by the media in the way cricketers past behaviour is now being scrunitised.
Yes, but JEREMY CORBYN!!!

exactly - a guy with little to no case to answer, set up by a false narrative by mostly right wing media which is owned by the extremely wealthy

Tories, Blair/New Labour and others get away with just about every crime you could think of
That's right but when will Corbyn apologize, that's what I want to know.

Jeremy Corbyn isn't the only one either. Steven Spielberg has always been a notorious antisemite, but as a bold opening statement he really pinned his colours to the mast with his first major motion picture "Jews", which under pressure from the studio he finally relented slightly and changed one letter to make it "Jaws". Transparent to the level of insulting.

And was the main character? A shark, the oldest antisemitic trope in the book, the loan shark, the Shylock, wreaking absolute HAVOC on a small Christian community.

Sickening stuff.

anyway, let’s figure out what’s coming our way in the next couple of weeks, eh?

*ominous music*

TRIGGERING ARTICLE SIXTEEN

so david frost seems all gung-ho to do this, but ultimately it’s boris’s call. will boris do it? they’ve certainly done all of the groundwork for it, so now we’re into the shadowboxing of anticipating the responses. the EU seems eager, finally, to give some sort of dose of reality to the UK, but legally they’re not sure just how fast they can do it. sefcovic apparently wants to give a serious, harsh response to the whole thing, but then we’re into a trade war that nobody really wants.

so it seems like boris chickened out, probably after seeing that the americans were really not amused at this idea

the alternative reading is that he wants to have a more-or-less brexit-hassle-free christmas, and then do all the article sixteen shenanigans in january instead, when everyone will already be in a bad mood anyway

but that really overlaps badly with the anticipated upcoming russian invasion of ukraine, so maybe they’ll push it out to march or april

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back