Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

to be fair, it seems that new delhi reached 97% vs. the UK's 93% - but it makes more sense if you flip it, that more than twice as many in the UK don't have antibodies compared to india.

The UK does an enormous amount of serological testing, they know the nation’s antibody levels. What’s interesting, and a little disturbing, is that >90% of the population now have antibodies against the virus, but they have not attained herd immunity:
It's >90% of the adult population ("based on blood test results taken from a randomly selected subsample of individuals aged 16 years and over"). Why would the age of the population make any difference? Surely it's the presence of antibodies in the entire population that counts?

I'm finding this waves-of-cases-despite-nearly-everyone-being-vaccinated pretty fucking depressing. Didn't go to my Wed night music session again last night because case numbers are so high. Is this how it's going to be for the rest of our lives?

I'm hoping the gov cop the fuck on and put in measures to protect our children properly, from masks/ventilation to vaccines. I'm hoping that once I feel safe our children are being protected I'll be less wary of opening everything else up.

Currently, 14,000 Irish kids positive with covid, 2 in the ICU. Israeli experience is 11% of children develop long covid. Gov is keen to cite Israel when it comes to roll out boosters, why not also follow the evidence of their schools...

Maybe if you pitch a "startup" to them that basically funnels money back into the health service.

A health service on its knees is what they want, and what they campaigned on.

Let's post this again for the laugh:

From masks/ventilation to vaccines. I'm hoping that once I feel safe our children are being protected I'll be less wary of opening everything else up
Are they still not masking in primary schools? Both my kids in secondary now, so I'm out of the loop. Had to get on the school recently about lax mask compliance among the teachers

Are they still not masking in primary schools? Both my kids in secondary now, so I'm out of the loop. Had to get on the school recently about lax mask compliance among the teachers
No masks. No ventilation options. A handful of C02 monitors per school.

But Norma has banned birthday parties, so it's grand

the folks had no idea of a date for their boosters from their own doctor who was vague about whether they'd even started the over 80s (my folks are 72 and 74) - so they drove to citywest this morning and both got done with little fuss.

It's >90% of the adult population ("based on blood test results taken from a randomly selected subsample of individuals aged 16 years and over"). Why would the age of the population make any difference? Surely it's the presence of antibodies in the entire population that counts?

I'm finding this waves-of-cases-despite-nearly-everyone-being-vaccinated pretty fucking depressing. Didn't go to my Wed night music session again last night because case numbers are so high. Is this how it's going to be for the rest of our lives?

How is Mrs Egg getting on these days, is she still feeling the aftereffects?

How is Mrs Egg getting on these days, is she still feeling the aftereffects?
Yeah. She had a real bad episode around the 2nd week of October (not able to move her limbs or talk), ended up in hospital again. Took her a week or two to get back to her equilibrium state which is where she is now - I'd say 65-75% of her pre-covid energy levels depending on the day. She's mostly ok so long as she gets 9-10 hours in bed at night and doesn't overdo it. Still spending a fortune on doctors to try and get to the bottom of things, without success.

just rang my dad - he didn't make an attempt to ring ahead; but said you need to be at least 5 or 6 months fully vaxxed, and over 60; and have your vax cert from last time. he mentioned it'd probably be no harm to have an 'i mind the primary school age grandkids' line too - which is true for them.
he said they started queuing at five to ten and were back in the car at five past 11, but said the queues of cars to get in at that stage were huge.

also mentioned that there were one or two grumbles from medical staff queueing there that they were not being prioritised, because officially the centre is for them, and he said he certainly can't fault them for their complaints.

Yeah. She had a real bad episode around the 2nd week of October (not able to move her limbs or talk), ended up in hospital again. Took her a week or two to get back to her equilibrium state which is where she is now - I'd say 65-75% of her pre-covid energy levels depending on the day. She's mostly ok so long as she gets 9-10 hours in bed at night and doesn't overdo it. Still spending a fortune on doctors to try and get to the bottom of things, without success.

Jesus, that's dreadful. Really sorry that she's continuing to struggle.

christ, that's appalling. did she any difference when she got vaxxed? i heard a few anecdotes about the vaccine easing long covid to a certain extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back