Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

I was standing on the tube when a seat became available, I went for it, but a well dressed woman got in there first and I graciously let her take it with a classic half-smile. Bear in mind I can barely walk some days.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain the woman was Cerys Matthews. So obviously now she must think I'm an awesome gentleman. Go me! Google image search doesn't do her justice at all.

I was reading gloomy things about climate change and came across the stat of there being over 1000 mountain gorillas when there used to be only about 300 and I was like, "huh, that's good, not sure I knew that" and then about 10 seconds later I remembered, oh yeah, gorillas mot as scare now. Had to laugh.

Went to see Dune yesterday (great!) and there were some teenagers in the cinema giggling and talking for the first 5 minutes. Was really ruining my ability to immerse myself in the movie, so I went over to them and said "Lads, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Please. I'm trying to watch the movie". And guess what? They did.

I was standing on the tube when a seat became available, I went for it, but a well dressed woman got in there first and I graciously let her take it with a classic half-smile. Bear in mind I can barely walk some days.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain the woman was Cerys Matthews. So obviously now she must think I'm an awesome gentleman. Go me! Google image search doesn't do her justice at all.

She is much attractive yes

At last! They had this shit in Germany 30 years ago
Didn't they have it on buses 20 years ago? A Travel90 card they called it, costed slightly less than two bus journeys.

They've only introduced it in London a couple of years ago when Sadiq Khan became mayor, and only on buses*. I'd imagine it makes a big difference to those on low incomes.

*Although for many years they've had a daily and weekly travel cap on all transport. So you'll never pay more than the cost of a daily or weekly travelcard. Which has it's ups and downs.

Didn't they have it on buses 20 years ago? A Travel90 card they called it, costed slightly less than two bus journeys.

They've only introduced it in London a couple of years ago when Sadiq Khan became mayor, and only on buses*. I'd imagine it makes a big difference to those on low incomes.

*Although for many years they've had a daily and weekly travel cap on all transport. So you'll never pay more than the cost of a daily or weekly travelcard. Which has it's ups and downs.
"Transfer 90" it was. Halycon days.

I just started using this Beurer foot warmer yoke... if this is what it's like to be a pensioner, bring it.

This is class. I've no dignity, or self respect, and any intention of ever trying to pretend not to be old again evaporated the moment I plugged this baby in.

But, warm feet lads. I mean, we're talking cozy toesies here.

I just started using this Beurer foot warmer yoke... if this is what it's like to be a pensioner, bring it.

This is class. I've no dignity, or self respect, and any intention of ever trying to pretend not to be old again evaporated the moment I plugged this baby in.

But, warm feet lads. I mean, we're talking cozy toesies here.
It looks like an electric blanket foot onesie. I was fantasizing about these recently never expecting that they existed.

It looks like an electric blanket foot onesie. I was fantasizing about these recently never expecting that they existed.
It's exactly the thing that Tony Soprano's Mum would store her feet in, while blankly staring at the door waiting for an orderly to drop in her lunch.

It has three settings, and off. Fuck everything apart from the max setting. Every now and again it turns itself off, presumably because there's laws against cooking people's feet while they're still attached, so you need to override that the moment you notice it's timed out.

Your fantasy all our reality now @hiadudiad?

iu

It's exactly the thing that Tony Soprano's Mum would store her feet in, while blankly staring at the door waiting for an orderly to drop in her lunch.

It has three settings, and off. Fuck everything apart from the max setting. Every now and again it turns itself off, presumably because there's laws against cooking people's feet while they're still attached, so you need to override that the moment you notice it's timed out.

Your fantasy all our reality now @hiadudiad?

iu
I've had one of these on my ebay watch list since last winter but haven't taken the plunge into decrepitude yet. It gets cold in my shed/office, to the point I had to google "chilblains". I think the time has come to treat myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back