Cancelled (6 Viewers)

I am officially old.

the simpsons adult GIF

On the one hand, it's a bit silly. On the other, I prefer the new name anyway.

can someone explain what was objectionable about the name girl band. not trying to be contrarian here, I genuinely want to know the substance of the complaint. is it because they’re all dudes?

Plenty of women have taken umbrage with the name over the years, the lads decide they wanted to change it so they did.

can someone explain what was objectionable about the name girl band. not trying to be contrarian here, I genuinely want to know the substance of the complaint. is it because they’re all dudes?

I'm a bit maybe oldmanning about it too.

I thought the THE POINT was that women who do music were getting lumped under some reductive girl band moniker and removing the ability of the press and public to do that by reassigning the term was the subversive act. Continuing as that and growing in success would remove that reductive from music talk over time, backing down allows it back into the lexicon.

But then i suppose there are girl bands who want to be called girl bands or something.

They can do what they like, i'll still enjoy what they do anywhoo. It's only, like, my opinion, man.

I'm a bit maybe oldmanning about it too.

I thought the THE POINT was that women who do music were getting lumped under some reductive girl band moniker and removing the ability of the press and public to do that by reassigning the term was the subversive act. Continuing as that and growing in success would remove that reductive from music talk over time, backing down allows it back into the lexicon.
The band clearly don't care and weren't making a big statement with their name, be damned if anyone is going to talk me into caring on their behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back