Unpopular Opinions (4 Viewers)

I tend to say scum, but in private. When I'm driving by myself, giving out about anything & everything. But nobody is listening or gives a fuck. Every time I say it I think of Alan Partridge.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's the Pat Kenny vibe - pompous weirdo conservative radio host

I think the current hatred for Eric Clapton is misdirected - he single-handedly kicked off the Rock against Racism movement in the 80's and now has the courage to stand proud in the face of common sense and speak out against the alien lizard paedophile secret chiefs of this world. There!

Fair play to them and all, but I don't think the new Abba songs are all that good
Tom Hiddleston What GIF by Disney+

Yeah..the one I listened to was unremarkable and sounded like old folks having a sing

I wanted to love it
It fucking IS old folks having a sing! That's why it's good goddammit.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to checking out the album regardless.

I think the current hatred for Eric Clapton is misdirected - he single-handedly kicked off the Rock against Racism movement in the 80's and now has the courage to stand proud in the face of common sense and speak out against the alien lizard paedophile secret chiefs of this world. There!

I didn't know this

''Rock Against Racism came when rock musician Eric Clapton made racist statements at a concert in Birmingham in 1976. Clapton urged his audience to ‘get the foreigners out’ and ‘keep Britain white’.''

In fairness, I've always thought he was a knob.

the fucking cheek/irony of a man who made his money out of what is essentially a white twist on black music.

I didn't know this

''Rock Against Racism came when rock musician Eric Clapton made racist statements at a concert in Birmingham in 1976. Clapton urged his audience to ‘get the foreigners out’ and ‘keep Britain white’.''

In fairness, I've always thought he was a knob.

the fucking cheek/irony of a man who made his money out of what is essentially a white twist on black music.
He's excused it as an alcoholic off-the-rails rockstar meandering incoherently on stage while his band look at their shoes in embarrassment, fair enough i'll buy that, but he's also never apologized and has actually doubled down on support for Enoch Powell.

There was a Rock Against Racism documentary released a year or two ago, not bad, worth a watch.

Is it too late to crucify him?

"After 2AM he described James Brown as a “jive-arsed n------” and Ray Charles as a “blind, ignorant n------.” In response, Bramlett backhanded the 24-year-old up-and-comer. It all ended in a brawl, quickly broken up by the bartender."

He's excused it as an alcoholic off-the-rails rockstar meandering incoherently on stage while his band look at their shoes in embarrassment, fair enough i'll buy that, but he's also never apologized and has actually doubled down on support for Enoch Powell.

There was a Rock Against Racism documentary released a year or two ago, not bad, worth a watch.

Ta!
yeah - he's almost like the georgie best of rock or something

Is it too late to crucify him?

"After 2AM he described James Brown as a “jive-arsed n------” and Ray Charles as a “blind, ignorant n------.” In response, Bramlett backhanded the 24-year-old up-and-comer. It all ended in a brawl, quickly broken up by the bartender."
If we're doing this, don't forget Rod “I think Enoch is the man. I’m all for him. This country is overcrowded. The immigrants should be sent home" Stewart.

Every single clip or segment of ABBA 'playing Live' on tv appearances over their entire career is not played live. Every single one of them.
That's one way to ensure your harmonies and note-perfect singing/playing are preserved in good memory

Every single clip or segment of ABBA 'playing Live' on tv appearances over their entire career is not played live. Every single one of them.
That's one way to ensure your harmonies and note-perfect singing/playing are preserved in good memory

This should really be in the 'things I should have known before now' thread

I remember hearing that they had a rediculous studio band, and apparently when they got a take perfect of a track (Which were cut largely live) they'd celebrate by playing over it as a full band note perfect as an overdub. Not sure it included vocals though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back