Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (1 Viewer)

Great news about the Wormholes release!

Come here. Check this out, and then check out the price... and vinyl only. Maybe they'll release a cd only boxset down the line... file under out of my current price range with that Van Der Graaf Generator whopper of a boxset.

Great news about the Wormholes release!

Come here. Check this out, and then check out the price... and vinyl only. Maybe they'll release a cd only boxset down the line... file under out of my current price range with that Van Der Graaf Generator whopper of a boxset.

There was a CD box set as well, but it was even more limited than the vinyl at 1000 copies. Saw a few of them around yesterday, but they seem to be all gone now. Still pricey enough at around €89.99.

90 isn't bad in "I'm buying this for myself for Christmas" sort of way.

Boxsets on cd are the way to go.

If it's a regular album, vinyl is fine... but all these souped up reissues and lavish boxsets on vinyl... not for me, not for me, laddy. Although I have a few. Arf!

Apologies if mentioned already [Looked a few pages back and didn't see anything].

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Convincing blurb:

"If your brain has a shortlist of bands that instantly evoke New Wave, Suburban Lawns deserve a slot right next to the likes of Devo, Talking Heads and the B-52's. After putting out two singles on their own Suburban Industrial imprint, the Lawns signed to I.R.S. Records and released their debut LP in 1981. While the band gained cult status thanks in part to a Jonathan Demme-produced music video which aired on Saturday Night Live, their self-titled album would sadly be the five-piece's only full-length statement. Suburban Lawns' asymmetrical aesthetic is personified by co-vocalist Su Tissue, whose mesmerizing stage persona was at once childlike and terrifying. Her unique style embodies the awkward/arty female singer of the Reagan era, while the group's male vocals -- courtesy of Frankie Ennui, Vex Billingsgate and John McBurney -- maintain the satirical themes of Southern California's postwar mirage of limitless sprawl. Suburban Lawns' catchiness can be attributed to their drum-tight performance and taut songwriting. Listen to the vocal trade-offs on 'Anything,' which could have easily come out on any purely punk label from LA at the time, while Tissue's deadpan delivery on 'Janitor' glides into the best art-warble this side of Lene Lovich, broaching the possibility of nuclear annihilation with a murmured 'Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.' From a West Coast scene dominated by 7-inch singles and EPs, the Suburban Lawns' lone LP remains in a class with precious few. It's not surprising that they found acceptance in the Hollywood punk scene, despite their Long Beach roots, and would influence other bands such as Minutemen. This is not a disc that will get parked in your collection hoping to get pulled once in a while; this is a record you will play."

Got the new Faust 1971-1974 vinyl box in the post yesterday. It’s the first music I’ve bought in months and it looks amazing. All the 70s albums, an unreleased album and a compilation of unreleased songs. And a couple of singles.

Got the new Faust 1971-1974 vinyl box in the post yesterday. It’s the first music I’ve bought in months and it looks amazing. All the 70s albums, an unreleased album and a compilation of unreleased songs. And a couple of singles.

On cd or vinyl? I hope they cop on and just release a basic enough cd boxset down the line. Yet to read The Wire magazine interview with them.

On cd or vinyl? I hope they cop on and just release a basic enough cd boxset down the line. Yet to read The Wire magazine interview with them.
I got the vinyl box as I already have the Wümme box from years ago but have none of the early stuff on vinyl. There’s a CD version of this new one and everything is getting an individual release down the line as far as I know.

Convincing blurb:

"If your brain has a shortlist of bands that instantly evoke New Wave, Suburban Lawns deserve a slot right next to the likes of Devo, Talking Heads and the B-52's. After putting out two singles on their own Suburban Industrial imprint, the Lawns signed to I.R.S. Records and released their debut LP in 1981. While the band gained cult status thanks in part to a Jonathan Demme-produced music video which aired on Saturday Night Live, their self-titled album would sadly be the five-piece's only full-length statement. Suburban Lawns' asymmetrical aesthetic is personified by co-vocalist Su Tissue, whose mesmerizing stage persona was at once childlike and terrifying. Her unique style embodies the awkward/arty female singer of the Reagan era, while the group's male vocals -- courtesy of Frankie Ennui, Vex Billingsgate and John McBurney -- maintain the satirical themes of Southern California's postwar mirage of limitless sprawl. Suburban Lawns' catchiness can be attributed to their drum-tight performance and taut songwriting. Listen to the vocal trade-offs on 'Anything,' which could have easily come out on any purely punk label from LA at the time, while Tissue's deadpan delivery on 'Janitor' glides into the best art-warble this side of Lene Lovich, broaching the possibility of nuclear annihilation with a murmured 'Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.' From a West Coast scene dominated by 7-inch singles and EPs, the Suburban Lawns' lone LP remains in a class with precious few. It's not surprising that they found acceptance in the Hollywood punk scene, despite their Long Beach roots, and would influence other bands such as Minutemen. This is not a disc that will get parked in your collection hoping to get pulled once in a while; this is a record you will play."
Its a great little album but its not THAT good. I got the CD reissue a few years back, it mostly lives parked in my collection hoping to get pulled once in a while. I'd say its fairly standard fare for its time actually.
Or do I just not get it it?

Last edited:
NIRVANA

NEVERMIND 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS TO BE RELEASED BEGINNING TODAY - NOV 12

Configurations Ranging From 8LP+7-inch and 5CD + Blu-ray Super Deluxe Editions to Standard Digital/CD

The September 24, 1991 release of Nirvana’s Nevermind touched off a seismic shift in global youth culture. Rising to #1 worldwide over the next few months, its impact would elevate Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl from a promising Pacific Northwest cult band to one of the most successful and influential musical entities of all time. Nevermind returned rock ’n’ roll integrity and passion to the top of the charts, and continues to be a singular inspiration to fans and musicians alike over the last three decades–as it no doubt will for generations to come.

Beginning today, November 12, 2021, Geffen/UMe commemorates the 30th anniversary of Nevermind with several multi-format reissues. A total of 94 audio and video tracks–70 previously unreleased–will be made available across configurations ranging from Super Deluxe Editions to standard digital/CD and single disc vinyl with bonus 7-inch. In all formats, Nevermind is newly remastered from the original half-inch stereo analog tapes to high-resolution 192kHz 24-bit.

Among the previously unreleased material exclusive to various versions of the Nevermind 30th Anniversary Editions are four complete live shows that document Nirvana’s historic ascension on the concert stage – Live in Amsterdam, Netherlands (recorded and filmed on November 25, 1991 at the famed club Paradiso); Live in Del Mar, California (recorded on December 28, 1991 at the Pat O’Brien Pavilion at the Del Mar Fairgrounds); Live in Melbourne, Australia for triple j (recorded February 1, 1992 at The Palace in St. Kilda); and Live in Tokyo, Japan (recorded at the Nakano Sunplaza on February 19, 1992).

All four newly remastered live shows are included in the Nevermind Super Deluxe Editions, which will be available in both vinyl (8LPs – 180-gram black vinyl – all in premium tip-on jackets — plus the new 7-inch – A-side: “Endless, Nameless” / B-side: “Even In His Youth” and “Aneurysm”) and CD+Blu-ray (5 CDs plus Blu-ray – Live in Amsterdam, Netherlands complete concert video newly remastered audio & video in HD).

1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 05:00
2. Nirvana - In Bloom 04:14
3. Nirvana - Come As You Are 03:38
4. Nirvana - Breed 03:03
5. Nirvana - Lithium 04:16
6. Nirvana - Polly 02:54
7. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings 02:23
8. Nirvana - Drain You 03:43
9. Nirvana - Lounge Act (Explicit) 02:36
10. Nirvana - Stay Away 03:31
11. Nirvana - On A Plain 03:14
12. Nirvana - Something In The Way / Endless, Nameless 20:35
13. Nirvana - Drain You (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 04:06
14. Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 04:19
15. Nirvana - School (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:43
16. Nirvana - Floyd The Barber (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:58
17. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 04:49
18. Nirvana - About A Girl (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:46
19. Nirvana - Polly (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:49
20. Nirvana - Lithium (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 04:13
21. Nirvana - Sliver (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:13
22. Nirvana - Breed (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 03:39
23. Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 05:31
24. Nirvana - Been A Son (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:05
25. Nirvana - Negative Creep (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 02:39
26. Nirvana - On A Plain (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 03:07
27. Nirvana - Blew (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 03:33
28. Nirvana - Love Buzz (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 03:27
29. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings (Live In Amsterdam, Netherlands/1991) 04:07
30. Nirvana - Drain You (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 03:59
31. Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 04:22
32. Nirvana - School (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 02:30
33. Nirvana - Floyd The Barber (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 02:29
34. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 04:49
35. Nirvana - About A Girl (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 02:57
36. Nirvana - Polly (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 02:49
37. Nirvana - Sliver (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 01:55
38. Nirvana - Breed (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 03:10
39. Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 03:35
40. Nirvana - Lithium (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 04:38
41. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings (Live In Del Mar, California/1991) 04:13
42. Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 04:59
43. Nirvana - Drain You (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:46
44. Nirvana - School (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:46
45. Nirvana - Sliver (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:04
46. Nirvana - About A Girl (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:54
47. Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:36
48. Nirvana - Lithium (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 04:47
49. Nirvana - Breed (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:11
50. Nirvana - Polly (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:45
51. Nirvana - Lounge Act (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:46
52. Nirvana - In Bloom (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 04:33
53. Nirvana - Love Buzz (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:30
54. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 05:19
55. Nirvana - Feedback Jam (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 05:46
56. Nirvana - Negative Creep (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 02:43
57. Nirvana - On A Plain (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:07
58. Nirvana - Blew (Live In Melbourne, Australia For Triple J/1992) 03:54
59. Nirvana - Negative Creep (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:52
60. Nirvana - Been A Son (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:19
61. Nirvana - On A Plain (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:12
62. Nirvana - Blew (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:19
63. Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:46
64. Nirvana - Lithium (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 04:30
65. Nirvana - Breed (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:52
66. Nirvana - Sliver (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:01
67. Nirvana - Drain You (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:37
68. Nirvana - About A Girl (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:43
69. Nirvana - School (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:47
70. Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 04:24
71. Nirvana - Love Buzz (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 04:15
72. Nirvana - Polly (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 02:54
73. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 03:59
74. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live In Tokyo, Japan/1992) 08:04

Its a great little album but its not THAT good. I got the CD reissue a few years back, it mostly lives parked in my collection hoping to get pulled once in a while. I'd say its fairly standard fare for its time actually.
Or do I just not get it it?
It’s all just taste, but I do think it’s a brilliant album. However I also got the LP reissue a few years back that also includes the Baby 12”, which is just as good, so the timing of this reissue is odd.

Members of the Sound and the Outsiders recorded in 78

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jesus, the price on that yoke... I remember buying The Shape of Jazz To Come for 12.99 in Road Records...who in the name of Christ is going to pay that money for a 6LP set?? I thought Blue Note were good lads too for low price reissues?

I regret not buying The Empty Foxhole for about a tenner when I could've... if just for the novelty of his primary school age son playing drums on it. COME ON.

Jesus, the price on that yoke... I remember buying The Shape of Jazz To Come for 12.99 in Road Records...who in the name of Christ is going to pay that money for a 6LP set?? I thought Blue Note were good lads too for low price reissues?

I regret not buying The Empty Foxhole for about a tenner when I could've... if just for the novelty of his primary school age son playing drums on it. COME ON.
That’s nothing - look at the price of the Bill Evans Riverside boxset, about 10-11 LPs. The world’s gone mad Ted. Bill Evans-Riverside Recordings-Vinyl Box Sets|Acoustic Sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back