Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

My application for a mortgage in Ireland has been so stressful it's driven me off the drink.

It's so grim I'm fairly sure if I had anything to drink I'd vanish into a hole of anxiety the next day and be done for. Months of pain.

They announced the closing of the Science Gallery yesterday. City is literally being hollowed out...

I was looking forward to the kids getting old enough so they could bus into town at the weekend to hang about. Looking less and less likely that will be a thing.

The Celtic Shop in Jervis St is closed down too. Used to like going in there for a browse every couple of months. Never saw another person in it though.

Strange they'd choose to close down so close to christmas. Same with Chapters.

I was looking forward to the kids getting old enough so they could bus into town at the weekend to hang about. Looking less and less likely that will be a thing.
do not fear! its still happening. My daughter goes in and drinks bubble tea and matcha tea and god knows what else with her pals some Saturdays.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My last time in there was with my son when he was about 4. He was dying for the toilet and they are total assholes to us.
Never went back.

there was one manager in there (am talking 20 years ago or so, mind) who was famous for being an asshole.
I remember that!! I can't quite accurately untangle my memories of him, but I THINK he was pretty funny ultimately. IIRC you had to impress him, just like a record shop dude. Hilarious.
I was gutted when the record shop closed down, what a spot that was. If I'd a had the taste in music that I have now back then I'd have bought so many more records there. As it stands, I bought hundreds of records there. They used to get a lot of remaindered stuff, so if you were curious but not too arsed about a new album, you could wait a year and it would invariably pop up. Great place for taking a punt on something, cos it was so cheap. Badly missed.
But yes, the bookshop is a bummer too. It couldn't maintain the lovely fusty musty fuddyduddiness of the previous spot. But they really seemed to get their act together commercially, it's such a pity it didn't work out for them.

The lad on the information desk sounded like a pure dick anytime I walked past him and he was on the phone. I would avoid interacting with any staff anywhere tbf.

The new shop never had the same vibe as the basment second hand bookshop on Abbey Street. Mad place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back