Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

Bringing anything back - gigs, restaurants, offices, whatever - indoors at full capacity with stupid mitigation measures just seems like a terrible idea to me. The closest scenario we have right now to a packed venue is a classroom, and at least the teachers are paying lip service to opening windows, not mixing with different classes, not congregating in halls etc.

Even then, I don't believe for a minute schools aren't currently a massive factor in the current surge, but fuck it, let's throw a tanker of petrol on this covidy BBQ, might be grand...

Bringing anything back - gigs, restaurants, offices, whatever - indoors at full capacity with stupid mitigation measures just seems like a terrible idea to me. The closest scenario we have right now to a packed venue is a classroom, and at least the teachers are paying lip service to opening windows, not mixing with different classes, not congregating in halls etc.

Even then, I don't believe for a minute schools aren't currently a massive factor in the current surge, but fuck it, let's throw a tanker of petrol on this covidy BBQ, might be grand...

Well ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a mess.

Pubs by me have been open for ages.

I've not actually gone in, but I peered in the window and the place is full of punters having pints.

Well ...

What a mess.

That doesn't feel like it'd be a remotely useful measure to impose.

Not going to be in force until next week by the looks of it.

So, how do we feel about stepping into full, sweaty venues again. On the one hand, full metal!
On the other:

Yeah I'd say give it 2-3 weeks until we're back in full lockdown again

Yeah I'd say give it 2-3 weeks until we're back in full lockdown again
I've not been following this at all, but I was under the impression that the reason they'd lock the place down would be fear of the hospitals getting overloaded. The number of people that get vaccinated and end up in hospital as a result of infection is low, and Ireland has a pretty high vaccination rate.

I mean, I dunno if this is wishful thinking, but I would have hoped this isn't going to go nuke the hospitals.

Although, I guess if there's variants in the wild today that were not taken into account with the "vaccination => no hospital" statistic.

Man. Be quite shitty if they closed the place down again.

I've not been following this at all, but I was under the impression that the reason they'd lock the place down would be fear of the hospitals getting overloaded. The number of people that get vaccinated and end up in hospital as a result of infection is low, and Ireland has a pretty high vaccination rate.

I mean, I dunno if this is wishful thinking, but I would have hoped this isn't going to go nuke the hospitals.

Although, I guess if there's variants in the wild today that were not taken into account with the "vaccination => no hospital" statistic.

Man. Be quite shitty if they closed the place down again.
There were only about 12 ICU beds available a few days ago iirc

Well the good news now is that the virus is allergic to tickets, so if you just buy a ticket to something, a nightclub for instance, then the virus won't go near you.
How is everywhere getting tickets printed so quick?

Are the just using a book of raffle tickets or something?

There were only about 12 ICU beds available a few days ago iirc

Nationally? OK.

Yikes. And the consensus is they need full ICU? You can't just sling them onto a tank of O2 and send on some thoughts and prayers no.

I dunno. I must be institutionalized or something, there's been a local down the road from me open for months, and I've never set foot in the place. Even signing something in a bank made me a bit leery. The idea of going into a nightclub feels mad.

Be fucking shit if things kick off again, but what are you gonna do I suppose.

Well the good news now is that the virus is allergic to tickets, so if you just buy a ticket to something, a nightclub for instance, then the virus won't go near you.
Tickets = contact tracing. It’s easy enough to set up an online ticket sale system for yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back