What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

According to this, she is a rabbi for alienated youth

oh jaysis the thinkpieces and longreads have started

quick, everyone into the hot take fallout bunker

hopefully there’ll be an all-clear by the end of the month

in other news, every frustrated writer in the world is living through the exquisite agony of pure envy witnessing how it is still possible, in 2021, for a novel — a fucking novel — to not only be zeitgeisty but to actually cause news

Stop press -
last night I read three 2021 S---y R-----y interviews, read two excerpts (first plus third novels), listened to a thirty minute video of her (interview plus her reading excerpts of her own works at a book festival)
read three lengthy synopses of each novel and two Marxist websites analyses of her books.

so not for the first time Lili actually did a good job explaining things. SR is a clever clogs and takes her writing very seriously and is a completely different person to her novel characters.
why she chose creative class folks suffering from poor decision making and messed up romantic relationships to make her social / class observations on is still lost on me.
BUT guess what? that's her idiom.
like everything else I 'just don't get' it shouldn't mean shit to anyone else if it's relevant to them.

when Lili took up the challenge I wondered why he got so annoyed with me but it was a worthwhile exercise. my mentioning Colm Toibin was a low blow and unfair - SR operates very differently.

that's all I have to say on this, unless someone wants to call me out on something else.
I'm very impressed, you really didn't have to do that! I was gonna apologise and all, but you've outdone me. I get all worked up about these things and they're really not worth falling out over.

Related, where is good for buying books online in Ireland?
Kennys.ie is my go to, not amazon and free shipping worldwide. They can sometimes take weeks to ship (i assume they're waiting for books to get to them first) though so don't count on them in a rush. They should have an estimate so keep an eye on it if picking anything obscure.

Easons and Dubray are fine as well, if they have the books, and books.ie for cheap second hand things. Check has your local bookstore gone online during the pandemic also, the one here in Dingle did.

Last edited:
Related, where is good for buying books online in Ireland?

I'm not sure how good their online buying service is. I started buying from them in lockdown so would just ring them up and order over the phone https://www.woodbinebooks.ie/

There's probably shops and sites with better infrastructure for online sales but they're an independent store in a town of 3,700 people which is a tough game to be in and they're quite local to me so I try to support them.

I'm not sure how good their online buying service is. I started buying from them in lockdown so would just ring them up and order over the phone https://www.woodbinebooks.ie/

There's probably shops and sites with better infrastructure for online sales but they're an independent store in a town of 3,700 people which is a tough game to be in and they're quite local to me so I try to support them.
Just placed an order with The Gutter Bookshop. Going to get my library card sorted tomorrow but spreading the wealth until then.

Stop press -
last night I read three 2021 S---y R-----y interviews, read two excerpts (first plus third novels), listened to a thirty minute video of her (interview plus her reading excerpts of her own works at a book festival)
read three lengthy synopses of each novel and two Marxist websites analyses of her books.

so not for the first time Lili actually did a good job explaining things. SR is a clever clogs and takes her writing very seriously and is a completely different person to her novel characters.
why she chose creative class folks suffering from poor decision making and messed up romantic relationships to make her social / class observations on is still lost on me.
BUT guess what? that's her idiom.
like everything else I 'just don't get' it shouldn't mean shit to anyone else if it's relevant to them.

when Lili took up the challenge I wondered why he got so annoyed with me but it was a worthwhile exercise. my mentioning Colm Toibin was a low blow and unfair - SR operates very differently.

that's all I have to say on this, unless someone wants to call me out on something else.
I HEARD YOU'VE NEVER EVEN WATCHED A FOOTBALL MATCH!!

I'm very impressed, you really didn't have to do that! I was gonna apologise and all, but you've outdone me. I get all worked up about these things and they're really not worth falling out over.

see this right here is why I love thumped and hate facebook

no snark, this is so wholesome and so rare and so human. high-fives everyone. hugs all round

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back