Your work situation (8 Viewers)

Just interviewed an intimidatingly smart Russian woman. Masters in maths, Ph.D. in theoretical computer science. Would ask her a complex question and she'd improvise a multi-layered answer and fire it right back almost too quick for me to understand.

Kinda afraid to hire her, because if she turns out to be egotistical or a bad listener I won't be able stop her, she'll just run rings around me

Have to go to the office today for the first time in a couple of years. The new CEO wants to meet everyone. Never mind the hours wasted commuting and a little thing called Covid19 because there will be pizza.

Just interviewed an intimidatingly smart Russian woman. Masters in maths, Ph.D. in theoretical computer science. Would ask her a complex question and she'd improvise a multi-layered answer and fire it right back almost too quick for me to understand.

Kinda afraid to hire her, because if she turns out to be egotistical or a bad listener I won't be able stop her, she'll just run rings around me
Sounds to me like a certain someone wants to keep the ol' patriarchy unsmashed, eh? Eh?

Had to go to the office today and borrowed a much fancier web camera than the one I use at home. It doesn't make me look like a severed head in a bag that was found in a bog. I might invest in one.

Had to go to the office today and borrowed a much fancier web camera than the one I use at home. It doesn't make me look like a severed head in a bag that was found in a bog. I might invest in one.
Whicj one was it? I want to upgrade mine

i was just on a teams call and there was a chap there whose image quality was head and shoulders above everyone elses, so i asked what he was using - a sony mirrorless 'proper' camera, i had assumed before that, that bandwidth optimisation was the main reason image quality was poor, but no, it's just shitty webcams.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back