What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Squid Game. Once it gets going it’s pretty wild.
Hmmm, I spoke too soon. They should have either made the episodes 30 min each, or cut about a third of them. There's way too much talking in each episode and the dialogue and acting are the worst things about it. Also the masks make it hard to tell what's going on in the baddie's storyline. I'm going to say 6/10. Not sure I'll finish it if it doesn't improve.

I bought the books so I could re-read them in advance of the series. Only made it through book 1 - it was fucking terrible. Will give the series a go anyway I suppose
A lot of Asimov's writing would have aged badly by now for sure. And it's not like he could ever really write decent women. Still, I imagine the later Foundation prequels he wrote might still be good on a re-read.

I've been hearing how bollocks this is haha, I might have to give it 10 minutes just to see a bit of the car crash
It's like it's been edited/ formatted for a bad sit com. Comic with set up a gag, pause, guest says their line, pause, laughter, pause, Greg starts new gag.

A lot of Asimov's writing would have aged badly by now for sure. And it's not like he could ever really write decent women. Still, I imagine the later Foundation prequels he wrote might still be good on a re-read.
I dunno if it's the women that are the problem (and in fairness to the guy he did have *some* women protagonists like Susan Calvin) - in Foundation at least every character is just a thin veil for some clumsy point he's trying to make

finished Midnight Mass and its basically about

how the bible is about vampires

with the subtext

of what is going to happen to all of us that took the covid vaccine

worth the watch. Its a bit rambly at times, but superbly acted and freaky as hell in parts.

Starting the same lads' other show Bly Manor now. Seems a bit more on the scary side

with the subtext

worth the watch. Its a bit rambly at times, but superbly acted and freaky as hell in parts.

Starting the same lads' other show Bly Manor now. Seems a bit more on the scary side
Yeah the talky bits got a bit much in the last couple of episodes. I'd be running for my life over launching into a 3 minute monologue about faith any day.

Edit: but the priest and the mean lady were great in it.

Bly Manor is unforgivably bad.
it has its moments. Some episodes were all over the place and borderline unwatchable, but there was a good story going on in the background. I thought the last 2 episodes were really good.

Sticking to the new shit on Netflix theme, started watching that Cherry Flavour thing last night. Batshit fucking crazy. Was tempted to turn it off but persisted through 3 episodes. I'm hopeful its set itself up to pick up from here on.

it has its moments. Some episodes were all over the place and borderline unwatchable, but there was a good story going on in the background. I thought the last 2 episodes were really good.
Yes, The Turn of the Screw!

with the subtext

I want to watch this. Loved Haunting of Hill House. Bly Manor went a bit crap in the middle but ended well

We’re currently watching the latest season of Sex Education and really enjoying it

I’m on season 2 of Gomorrah and it’s brilliant.
I’m watching it with two Italians that are from close to Naples so there’s a lot of lecturing going on.

Ask them what the fuck is with driving in Naples

It’s terrifying.
I’ve only been to Naples twice but the second time driving there I just slouched down in the car so I didn’t have to see what was happening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back