New celtic druids show looks good (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1
Good old Gandalf.

Well, bless my beard!’ That’s Gandalf in Chapter 2 of Volume I. ‘Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.’ That’s how he’s talking by the end.

I read a few pages of this and its interesting but jesus I cant fathom reading it all.
Is there a tweeted version of that?

I read a few pages of this and its interesting but jesus I cant fathom reading it all.
Is there a tweeted version of that?
Oh i was just reading it the other day and you mentioned Gandalf so, yeah, thought I'd post.

Anyway

To summarize:

1) Some people like Tolkien and go into why in great detail,

2) Some people don't like Tolkien and are usually pretty dismissively short about why.

3) Fantasy writing like Tolkien and James Joyce is all about overstuffed details in these big, complex worlds for pathetic little fanboys to slather over.

It's a nice piece but the major takeaway from it that bugs me is that it never posits what good literature actually is, I assume if Joyce/Tolkien= bad, then good = pithy little hateful novels saying cutting and spiteful things about high society.

Last edited:
Oh i was just reading it the other day and you mentioned Gandalf so, yeah, thought I'd post.

Anyway

To summarize:

1) Some people like Tolkien and go into why in great detail,

2) Some people don't like Tolkien and are usually pretty dismissively short about why.

3) Fantasy writing like Tolkien and James Joyce is all about overstuffed details in these big, complex worlds for pathetic little fanboys to slather over.

It's a nice piece but the major takeaway from it that bugs me is that it never posits what good literature actually is, I assume if Joyce/Tolkien= bad, then good = pithy little hateful novels saying cutting and spiteful things about high society.

Yeah i did like writing in it (the article) - sorta ironically it's a bit overstuffed and fanboyish. I'll probably never read Tolkien unless I have a windfall and stop having to read at work so I kinda enjoy the debating as an insight, and the movies as a shortcut

typical of Irish twitter to get so enraged about something that doesn't fucking matter

let him make his shite movie. Blocked Irish twitter can exercise their freedom to not watch it.
I think most of the people he blocked hadn’t interacted with him or tweeted about his show at all though. He seemed to just block people who’s views didn’t fit with his anti-Globalist “It’s Celtics not Celts” agenda.

I think most of the people he blocked hadn’t interacted with him or tweeted about his show at all though. He seemed to just block people who’s views didn’t fit with his anti-Globalist “It’s Celtics not Celts” agenda.

That's certainly what I gathered from the people I know that were blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back