What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

I watched the first episode of Kin.
Well made & acted and all, but tbh I'm not too bothered about following it. We know how these things pan out.

Four episodes into Y the Last Man. I loved the comics but I'm not sure about this TV show.

My main recollection of the books was Yorick's ( the protagonist) journey of self-discovery as he travels across America that is reshaping itself after the loss of all the males. Much like The Walking Dead he encounters various characters and groups that have created a new hierarchy or set of laws etc for themselves in order to survive. The TV series has dispensed with this. It didn't feel like they turned two pages at once, more like they omitted about 7 of the 10 books to rush to the finale.

At this point, I'm wondering why they even kept Ampserand the monkey as they've skipped the stories in which his importance was revealed.

There is some really clunky contemporary politics on display in the Republicans bad, Democrats good vein. On more than one occasion I groaned.

Hopefully it gets better

Foundation. Shaping up nicely.
Colin Morris, local type what was in Sunbear, his daughter is in that. Also saw David Layde, ex Daemien Frost, pop up in that Netflix show Sex Education (and he was v funny in it "never let a hobnob go to waste").

What next? Pete as Jack Bauer in a reboot of "24: Bored in work"

There is some really clunky contemporary politics on display in the Republicans bad, Democrats good vein.
Although it has form in that regard

ylastman15.png

Watched Midnight Mass, decent setup, some good scenes, crap overall. This one was better than Bly Manor and about on a par with Hill House.

This Mike Flanagan guy, I don't know why I keep watching his stuff, he's consistently underwhelming.

Kin.

Great stuff on a Sunday night. That funeral was very realistic looking.

I fucking hate funerals

Watched Midnight Mass, decent setup, some good scenes, crap overall. This one was better than Bly Manor and about on a par with Hill House.

This Mike Flanagan guy, I don't know why I keep watching his stuff, he's consistently underwhelming.
I'm up to episode 5. i like the pace, some of the performances and the not knowing what's going to happen next but now that the mystery has been revealed I have a feeling it's going to get a lot sillier

I'm up to episode 5. i like the pace, some of the performances and the not knowing what's going to happen next but now that the mystery has been revealed I have a feeling it's going to get a lot sillier
I would probably happily watch an 8 episode tv show just about the people of the town being passive aggressive dickheads to each other, I don't actually need all the other stuff.

Clickbait. its a 'limited' series about something that happened. Have to leave it vague to not spoiler it. But its cleverly done. Its set up to make you think something is gonna happen, but it might or might not happen. Full of twists and turns. Thats on netflix.

Sex Education. I thought this season was a bit Inbetweeners-ish, but still very enjoyable.

Colin Morris, local type what was in Sunbear, his daughter is in that. Also saw David Layde, ex Daemien Frost, pop up in that Netflix show Sex Education (and he was v funny in it "never let a hobnob go to waste").

What next? Pete as Jack Bauer in a reboot of "24: Bored in work"

I know Colin well enough and have met his daughter through work, she's in the opening scene. Cool part. The show was filmed in the new studios in Limerick, think it's the old Dell campus.

Watched the first episode of Foundation last night. Was alright. Read this morning that there’s 8 seasons planned out…

Only Murders in the Building on Disney+. Steve Martin, Selena Gomez and Martin Short in a murder mystery comedy which is about 70% there on the way to being great. Enjoyable all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back