Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

I bumped into a mate today, he asked how are you?

I said "Well, what's 18:00 plus 4 hours? And what day is it? I'm trying to work out my work hours".
"22:00, and Wednesday", he said
"I knew that, but *that's* how I feel right now."

Me head is melted.

not really sure if this belongs in the minor complaints thread - it is what it is - but i got a jury duty summons this morning.
well, here's the funny thing. the chap who lives two doors up got called a week or two before i did. a coincidence, no doubt. but my wife got a letter today. i called into the woman who lives beside us, between us and the other neighbour who got called. she was called for jury duty too.
randomised process my sweet, succulent ass. four people in three consecutive houses on a street being called within three or four weeks of each other?

well, here's the funny thing. the chap who lives two doors up got called a week or two before i did. a coincidence, no doubt. but my wife got a letter today. i called into the woman who lives beside us, between us and the other neighbour who got called. she was called for jury duty too.
randomised process my sweet, succulent ass. four people in three consecutive houses on a street being called within three or four weeks of each other?
I got one a few years ago. my doctor sent the registrar a letter saying I was a mentaler.
particularly unfair on boggers who don't have cars

We were looking at getting external insulation done. The amount of bullshit problems, that have come up, and look expensive. Don't even know if it's worth it.

external insulation is mad expensive, isn't it? what sort of walls do you have in your house?
loads of irish houses are cavity block which adds to the work involved.

60k to fix the basic problems with the house here.

Or do it myself lolol no.

Short of winning the lottery we're doing ok with dehumidifiers and airing the place out for now. It's amazing how many problems can be fixed keeping the place well aired.

Surely these super insulated modern houses will just have problems down the line without any airflow?

Short of winning the lottery we're doing ok with dehumidifiers and airing the place out for now. It's amazing how many problems can be fixed keeping the place well aired.

Surely these super insulated modern houses will just have problems down the line without any airflow?

I reckon, assuming I actually get this bleeding gaff, a similar bill will be winging its way my direction.

But yeah, they put vents into the place when they do the insulation. I did it in the gaff in the US, there's a fair number of vents and there's something in the roof too.

Somehow they don't end up with your gaff getting cold because of too much ventilation.

Here, is anyone else annoyed that there's a place called "Fermoy" in Cork?

Fermoy is very clearly the name of a place in Northern Ireland. If you asked me ten times, while pointing at Fermoy on a map, while I'm looking at the map, and corrected me each time, I'd confidently tell you Fermoy is "up North somewhere".

external insulation is mad expensive, isn't it? what sort of walls do you have in your house?
loads of irish houses are cavity block which adds to the work involved.
Mass poured concrete walls. Mid terraced house, so only front and back. We had someone out with an initial survey, then a second guy out for final survey. The 2nd guy is talking about moving the gas junction, so to get out someone out from gas company and they have to dig a trench out of drive way. And esb cables need to be moved, so to get that sorted too

Fermoy is famously Cork. It's where chicken comes from
I'm sadly aware Fermoy is in Cork.

My point is: it shouldn't be. "Fermoy" is the name of somewhere out by Tyrone or something. That's where it should be. I didn't make the rules.

Also, Guyana needs to be in Africa. The people who decided to name a bit of South America "Guyana" were mistaken. They are not in Africa, they are in the top corner bit of South America.

Mistakes happen, but I'd be a bit more comfortable if these kinds of mixups could be rectified ASAP.

Thanks.

Fermoy is famously Cork. It's where chicken comes from

And Sean, I'm sorry to be pedantic here, but I'm also going to have to question the validity of the claim that chickens were originally discovered in... mother fucking "Fermoy".

Urgh. Makes me feel dirty acknowledging whatever "it's just a prank pro" dickhead who slipped that one past the lads making the maps.

Mass poured concrete walls. Mid terraced house, so only front and back. We had someone out with an initial survey, then a second guy out for final survey. The 2nd guy is talking about moving the gas junction, so to get out someone out from gas company and they have to dig a trench out of drive way. And esb cables need to be moved, so to get that sorted too
ah, you're grand so. a friend of my parents in law had external insulation fitted on cavity block and the guys fitting it made no allowance for the fact it was cavity block so it's essentially useless.

€60K 😧

The super-insulated ones have mechanical ventilation and a heat exchanger so that the outgoing air heats up the incoming

edit: bad buzz about your fixing-up costing so much :(
Oh the heat exchange system things? Yeah they're cool. Wouldn't work on this house but i've been in houses with them and they're good.

I'm not bothered about the cost, we'll get it together at some point or we won't, we can handle it either way. It's an old house, comes with problems, at least there won't be a mica or pyrite problem 5 years down the line making the place unlivable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back