Minor complaints thread (27 Viewers)

otta be one you can pick up on ebay to sort that? (I mean the plug)
I was gonna traipse around the local flea markets. But that's an effort.
It's just shit. Herself put a lot of effort into buying me a dab radio, and it's broken in just a few months.

Are you..... Irish?

I'm not sure how long this is going to last. I can see them stop, half way through a sentence, visible confusion, do the head shake and just rip the question out. Or the: Where are you from??

Always Irish people, I must be hitting some kind of uncanny valley point with the accent, where it almost sounds like it's familiar, but it's definitely 100% not right. You can kind of see the anxiety even, Where did this prick learn English.

Are you..... Irish?

I'm not sure how long this is going to last. I can see them stop, half way through a sentence, visible confusion, do the head shake and just rip the question out. Or the: Where are you from??

Always Irish people, I must be hitting some kind of uncanny valley point with the accent, where it almost sounds like it's familiar, but it's definitely 100% not right. You can kind of see the anxiety even, Where did this prick learn English.

I got 'oh do they take bikes on trains in northern ireland' this morning going to work.

I might go on a while.

I got 'oh do they take bikes on trains in northern ireland' this morning going to work.

I might go on a while.
Irish people right?

I don't think Canadians or Brits or Kiwis would be getting as visibly WOAH, what's all this about with their accents. I've been getting double taked with the accent thing in the US for a while, African being the latest. Subtle though, just "oh, I thought you were African" months later.

But in Ireland I get the full AH HERE, stop everything, what exactly is going on, bit mid conversation. Prefixed by the
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Either stop having a stupid accent or start responding saying it's because you're just such an empath that you pick up accents really easily and they'll never want to talk to you again.

Irish people right?

I don't think Canadians or Brits or Kiwis would be getting as visibly WOAH, what's all this about with their accents. I've been getting double taked with the accent thing in the US for a while, African being the latest. Subtle though, just "oh, I thought you were African" months later.

But in Ireland I get the full AH HERE, stop everything, what exactly is going on, bit mid conversation. Prefixed by the

the nice thing about a proper Dublin accent is in the back of your mind you're always aware that you're never more than two sentences away from being informed that you will be bleedin bursted.

The other alternative, that @Lili Marlene didn't think about is speaking with a much sillier accent, and drive people off that way. I was thinking I could speak like Prince Charles, but I'd just blend in nicely in Kinsale sounding like that.

Are you..... Irish?

I've been working with a lady from scotland, but who has spent a lot of time in canada. I constantly have a similar response to her accent.

its almost a cognitive dissonance thing...

I've been working with a lady from scotland, but who has spent a lot of time in canada. I constantly have a similar response to her accent.

its almost a cognitive dissonance thing...
I'm realizing that the people I speak to are: my kids (Americans), and people from work (all over the shop, but a lot of Americans).

Like, I'll talk a bit to one lad who works in Charles Fort, or some people I'll meet randomly about, but... the work thing is where I listen / talk almost entirely. And what's even more strange is I work with a couple of Scottish / Irish people, living in the US, who'll change accent as the call goes on.

But the work thing, yeah, I guess we forget how much of the actual conversation happens via work.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back