Gigs starting back up (1 Viewer)

The last gig I went to was....deerhunter in Whelan's, November 2019. The afternoon show.
I want everything to go back to normal, of course, but to be honest, I've been a bit underwhelmed by gigs for the last few years. Not really that excited to see any particular band at the moment.
But am hoping things get back to how they were asap.

Ps. I'm not a miserable bastard.

I was sitting in a car waiting in Athboy the other night. Saw a van pull up and some lads started hauling a drum kit and other gear to a pub. The pub was a good but further away from the parking spot they got.

Triggered.

Last gig I went to was March 2020 (in before the lock as they say on boards), A Winged Victory for the Sullen at the NCH.
same. And that was a weird one. I wouldn't call it pre-covid. Covid was swinging away at the time and I reckon it was touch and go as to whether it'd go ahead or not. Other bands had already pulled gigs/tours before that gig happened.

same. And that was a weird one. I wouldn't call it pre-covid. Covid was swinging away at the time and I reckon it was touch and go as to whether it'd go ahead or not. Other bands had already pulled gigs/tours before that gig happened.
Yeah, it felt like everyone in the room thought that they shouldn’t be there. Very strange atmosphere and every cough was suspect. Hard to really enjoy it.

We had one lined up for the friday of the week of Leo's first big speech. Some timeline like that anyway.

We'll meet again, Navan.

Supergrass was my last big show, David Kitt was my last small show. I was at Little John Nee that week too, and he was doing the thing he does where him and the crowd make up a tune together - and the show ended with a kinda satire of the Galway 2020 stuff with him doing a sorta punk riff and singing 'Galway Empty Empty' and few weeks later i was cycling into work and I was the only person in the city centre sometimes.

I don't know about any of that but I'm not going to the next Popical Island all-dayer unless they provide somewhere you can go and take a nap.
We all need a good nap.

Yeah, I'd love to play a gig, or just go to any gig, big or small. Last gig I was at was Lankum in Vicar Street, which was actually brilliant. I've not really watched any of these filmed gigs. For me music is all tied up with being in a place, around other people. Pints and chats are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back