afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Interesting enough the trail is being erased bit by bit - there was a twitch live thing from there - the acc is wiped now, there was a fb post about getting home, now wiped.

Might have rep manager - might just be an eijit running a scam - might be some kinda cyver commando...
There's a lot of mights but one thing is certain, the internet is talking about him.

This is pretty funny although to be honest it just shows the futility of trying to train a bunch of what are probably fairly normal people, who really couldn't be arsed, into marines. So the joke is on U(SA)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is pretty funny although to be honest it just shows the futility of trying to train a bunch of what are probably fairly normal people, who really couldn't be arsed, into marines. So the joke is on U(SA)

I remember seeing a doc by a dude called Ben Anderson(?) about fifteen years ago. He was embedded with a joint British/Afghan patrol. They got pinned down for I think 30 or 40 hours. The Brits were being their usual oi oi oi super soldier men yes sah! The Afghans just sat around smoking hash. They'd be merely nonplussed when a bullet blasted off a bit of the wall they were hiding behind an inch from their head.

Informative

based on what I've read elsewhere over the years about afghanistan - thats probably as balanced a summary as I've seen of the mid 70s-mid 90s period

watched a video earlier that a guy posted, where he was talking, fairly narrowly, about why the US was in afghanistan. seemed smart enough, was curious about what other stuff he does. clicked a couple of links to find out that he’s basically a nazi. super anti-semitic, racist, white-nationalist. depressing stuff. was also even more depressing to realise that as soon as I clicked a bit further into this guy’s stuff, the youtube algorithm started trying to get me to watch other more-or-less similar stuff from a range of other fucking maniacs. felt pretty hellworld-ish.

there is a certain kind of boiling-rage-fuelled contempt that I find myself feeling *only* for tony blair, and no-one else. he is in some kind of separate category of hideousness that is beyond all measure.

Some podcast lads I'm listening to freaking out that this is the imperial embarrassment needed to bring in full fascism in the US, and UK I guess. Lol yay

So apparently the Army Ranger Wing has been sent out to Kabul. I've never heard of them being deployed anywhere, certainly not without UN helmets on. I suppose the stuff they do is not the stuff you read about in the papers.

I'm wrong though:

Some podcast lads I'm listening to freaking out that this is the imperial embarrassment needed to bring in full fascism in the US, and UK I guess. Lol yay

America's reaction to the humiliation of Vietnam was to elect probably the most decent man to ever hold the presidency, so there's that hope.

We was running against Nixon's VP though.

America's reaction to the humiliation of Vietnam was to elect probably the most decent man to ever hold the presidency, so there's that hope.
America's reaction to electing a decent man was to elect Reagan though ha. The thoughts of this leading to full fascism is an interesting idea but i'd wager that anything like that would be very different nowadays, it's all private contractor armies and out of sight, out of mind. Fascism is a little too pro-government for them tbh

America's reaction to electing a decent man was to elect Reagan though ha. The thoughts of this leading to full fascism is an interesting idea but i'd wager that anything like that would be very different nowadays, it's all private contractor armies and out of sight, out of mind. Fascism is a little too pro-government for them tbh

''small government fascist''

you heard it here first. I'm off to twitter

It's kinda nearly sentimental? that people think a full facist conversion could take place in the modern in environment.

Like they did 100% storm the capital and shoot people and everyone sorta ignored it, I don't see how getting out of a huge fuckup is really a tipping point when that happened.

It's kinda nearly sentimental? that people think a full facist conversion could take place in the modern in environment.

Like they did 100% storm the capital and shoot people and everyone sorta ignored it, I don't see how getting out of a huge fuckup is really a tipping point when that happened.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyway, thumped book club?

2485718._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back