Jobs (1 Viewer)

Ha! I never thought to look it up before. But I was the stand-in for this guy
d782c8aab69af0c19ad48a46b958.jpeg

I'm getting loads of offers at the moment for a show being shot in Dublin.
I haven't been able to accept any of the days recently. Usually around €120 a day.

I did a few weeks before I got my new job, a bit of driving involved but loads of free food and I came out with over a grand.

Friend of mine did this in New York as his main job for a few years. The difference in treatment between the union and non-union extras is incredible.

I'd say so.

If you're in the union you get better food for starters. Or if for example you have a 7AM call time in Brooklyn to be bussed a couple of hours out to Long Island or whereever you only start getting paid once you arrive at the shooting location if you're non-union, but if you're union you start getting paid the moment you set foot on the bus.

Hard to get into SAG if you're doing extra work though, it took him years of non-union gigs to get the waivers he needed to join.

Just applied for this apprenticeship... not a hope in a million years. Might be of interest to someone who has coding experience but not a software qualification.

There was a lad putting in an extractor fan the other day for my parents' house, and he said anyone doing an apprenticeship has to legally get the full wage from the second year on... said only companies can afford to do apprenticeships now for this reason. Can anyone verify the first part of that?

Just applied for this apprenticeship... not a hope in a million years. Might be of interest to someone who has coding experience but not a software qualification.

There was a lad putting in an extractor fan the other day for my parents' house, and he said anyone doing an apprenticeship has to legally get the full wage from the second year on... said only companies can afford to do apprenticeships now for this reason. Can anyone verify the first part of that?

8 years ago
i was paid €200 a week for 45 hours a week for my first year
Got minimum wage after that.

technically they can pay what they like because the labour laws don't count if it's a trainee program or apprenticeship.

it's an absolute farce

Basically prepared to be Broke for the first 2 years of a 4 year apprenticeship

8 years ago
i was paid €200 a week for 45 hours a week for my first year
Got minimum wage after that.

technically they can pay what they like because the labour laws don't count if it's a trainee program or apprenticeship.

it's an absolute farce

Basically prepared to be Broke for the first 2 years of a 4 year apprenticeship

*** an electrical apprenticeship ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back