The 'That was very sound' thread (1 Viewer)

are we ok with footballers taking the knee? given they are doing so from a very privileged position, are advertising gambling companies, jetting all around the world playing their football, etc ?
I actually think it's fucking nonsense haha, eg. Man City players taking the knee whilst getting paid Arab blood money, yeah good one lads.

Sometimes when I see a worm wriggling his way into concrete oblivion I gently pick it up with a bit of tissue and place them on the nearest bit of soil.

I used to thing this was a very sound thing to do. But lately I'm thinking, what if that worm has had enough and wants to end it all? I'm intervening when it isn't wanted.

Sometimes when I see a worm wriggling his way into concrete oblivion I gently pick it up with a bit of tissue and place them on the nearest bit of soil.

I used to thing this was a very sound thing to do. But lately I'm thinking, what if that worm has had enough and wants to end it all? I'm intervening when it isn't wanted.
I'd say you're being sound.
The Prime Directive doesn't apply in the worms v concrete instance.

if people think rich sports people are unethical hypocrites fair enough.
But going to Hungary and very openly supporting LGBT+ rights (against the wishes of F1 authorities) is a lot better than doing nothing (I never watch F1 and have no interest in it since the 80's).

the Tory leadership wouldn't even support the rich privileged England football team when they campaigned against racism and several of them called out Johnson, Patel etc very effectively.

there is some kind of meritocracy in sport - even F1 multiple world champ Lewis Hamilton overcame huge odds to get there, same with Williams sisters in tennis who were from Compton (their older sister was shot dead) and thousands of footballers.

recently on thumped I mentioned Jerry Seinfeld was almost a billionaire (google says he's worth $950 million) and owns 150 cars. nobody responded to that negatively or otherwise.
if we're going to say rich folks are immoral hypocrites and are worthless then let it apply to all of them, musicians included.

But going to Hungary and very openly supporting LGBT+ rights (against the wishes of F1 authorities) is a lot better than doing nothing (I never watch F1 and have no interest in it since the 80's).

the Tory leadership wouldn't even support the rich privileged England football team when they campaigned against racism and several of them called out Johnson, Patel etc very effectively.

there is some kind of meritocracy in sport - even F1 multiple world champ Lewis Hamilton overcame huge odds to get there, same with Williams sisters in tennis who were from Compton (their older sister was shot dead) and thousands of footballers.

recently on thumped I mentioned Jerry Seinfeld was almost a billionaire (google says he's worth $950 million) and owns 150 cars. nobody responded to that negatively or otherwise.
if we're going to say rich folks are immoral hypocrites and are worthless then let it apply to all of them, musicians included.
stop making sense. This is thumped. No place for it.

this is more like it..

don't wildlife documentarians famously not intervene in nature's red in tooth and claw fun and games?

Last week I saw a bumble bee in the process of being wrapped by a spider in who's web she had been caught. the spider was circling the buzzing mass of the bee, alternatively adding more strands and injecting more venom and enzymes.

I thought about knocking it free, but then figured the bee was so wrapped in web I'd never get her loose.

so I closed the shed door and walked away, the bees desparate buzzing getting every fainter as I went back to the house.

what would the bumble bee do? probably steal me nectar and fuck off.

It wasn't against the wishes of the F1 authorities. It was done wearing promotional material distrubuted by the F1 PR department, the only minor breach being that they kept the t-shirts on for anthems. At no point are they putting themselves at any risk here, F1 is going to release a statement saying 'oh that was unexpected but we shall fine them *amount of money they sweat in half a seconds work* which we will donate to *foundation they could fund on a weekends petrol* and everyone will be like woaaah F1 is right on afterall, as are its drivers. And all this because they actually did this PR stunt a year ago, and nobody cared.

^^^^

I wrote the above before i did further reading. Lets compare my ranting to reality:

It wasn't against the wishes of the F1 authorities. It was done wearing promotional material distrubuted by the F1 PR department, the only minor breach being that they kept the t-shirts on for anthems

True

At no point are they putting themselves at any risk here, F1 is going to release a statement saying 'oh that was unexpected but we shall fine them *amount of money they sweat in half a seconds work* which we will donate to *foundation they could fund on a weekends petrol*

"The quartet were given one of the most lenient penalties available, said Masi. “A reprimand’s the lowest penalty other than a warning, which really is not a penalty, it’s a warning,” he said."

**Further point of information cropped up here**

The reason that there is even a rule against wearing other clothes during the national anthems is because Lewis Hamilton wore a t-shirt in support of Breonna Taylor. It was introduced to stop him doing that.

and everyone will be like woaaah F1 is right on afterall, as are its drivers

Well yes they got on the thumped sound thread.

And all this because they actually did this PR stunt a year ago, and nobody cared.

The pride shirts were launched a year ago - I found this out this week, how about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back