Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (3 Viewers)

yea, not suspicious at all

wee bit of a look at that.

The bell I think is 400M from the end - the finish time was about 15 seconds off the olympic record, so this was essentially the last 3rd or less of the race, so the whole time, they were all 5 seconds off the pace for each 3rd.

So if the fall cost her 2 seconds, it's viable enough that hitting close to record pace for 1/3rd is possible.

She set the record for running a mile by being really fast in the latter quarter of it according to wiki.

Also though, not ruling out doping, just exploring was it superhuman or on form

Josie Knight just won a silver medal for GB in the women's pursuit.

She's from Kerry. She rode for Ireland up until a couple of years ago.

Sticks in the craw a bit that she went to the dark side.

Emily Kay came the other way but thats fine, she's sound.

here it is

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its fairly clear the Danish lad was looking down at the track, so I'm sure he was surprised as anyone when the trailing brit got in his way.

My understanding

The commissaire had blown the gun prior to it which had declared Denmark Victor so Denmark go to the final (as the winner in the pursuit would)

As Britain still needed to record time, Tanfield finished at 4'28, so Britain go to 7-8 place race tomorrow and Denmark to the gold medal

Tanfield was verbally abused by Madsen. I think Britain have an appeal against it tomorrow morning but I doubt.

Kind of reminded the keirin final in 2016, seeing several team managers running to the commissaire rule books in hand.

My understanding

The commissaire had blown the gun prior to it which had declared Denmark Victor so Denmark go to the final (as the winner in the pursuit would)

As Britain still needed to record time, Tanfield finished at 4'28, so Britain go to 7-8 place race tomorrow and Denmark to the gold medal

Tanfield was verbally abused by Madsen. I think Britain have an appeal against it tomorrow morning but I doubt.

Kind of reminded the keirin final in 2016, seeing several team managers running to the commissaire rule books in hand.
sorry, but I have zero sympathy for them. The brits own history in track cycling has been dodgy as fuck. The brits are a great bunch of lads for latching onto a sport when newly accepted to the olympics. The get a head start on others, sweep up a few medals, but then everyone else catches up and they start pissing and moaning.

I remember, I think it was, London 2012, the Aussie women's team came better prepared than they ever had been, posting the best times they'd ever posted, times the brits couldn't match all that year. Even in the olympics the Aussies bettered the times they had been posting, but the brits beat them out of the gold medal position. This was the same year that, every time the brits finished a race, the bikes were taken off the track straight away, and the wheels were hidden in wheel bags. Suspicious as fuck. When they were called out on it, they said that it was 'marginal gains', that if the wheels were warm that they'd roll better. Did you ever hear such bollox. THEY. WERE. HIDING. MOTORS.

I remember Cavendish cleaning Viviani out of it in the omnium (I think it was the omnium) with a dangerous move. Cavendish likes to act Mr. innocent whenever he does anything wrong. He got a gold or silver, but clearly should have been DQ'd, or at least, relegated. Prick.

Its swings and roundabouts. Everyone else has cottoned onto what the brits are doing and are now beating them at their own game. And the brits don't like it.

Remember it was them who started the witch-hunt against the russians after 2012, even though they finished ahead of them in the medals table. That witch-hunt sparked off fancy bears, which uncovered a lot of the unethical shit the brits were doing. We wouldn't know about TUEs but for fancy bears.

Whatever about Britain in general, I feel no one deserved the verbal abuse Tanfield received from madden.

It was very intimidating to see, madden standing over Tanfield while he was on the ground and roaring and shouting at him

The GB women's pursuit team set a World record yesterday and then as normal were cruising around the track for several laps afterwards when one of them wasn't looking and crashed into the back of her team mate and they both came off albeit a slow speed.

AFAIK doping still isn't illegal In the UK
(as in the legal sense - police/courts) like it is France, Germany, Italy and Spain all since the 2000's.

This annoys me more as football fan than for cycling.
Never had much interest in the velodrome myself.

Whatever about Britain in general, I feel no one deserved the verbal abuse Tanfield received from madden.

It was very intimidating to see, madden standing over Tanfield while he was on the ground and roaring and shouting at him
I'm guessing he was genuinely angry because Tanfield shouldn't have been in his way.

A bit like Roy Keane and Alfie Inge Haaland, when he put his knee in the way of Keane's boot.

"Modelled on the skills of the ideal soldier, pentathlon is the only sport created especially for the modern Olympics, being introduced by Games founder Baron Pierre de Coubertin in Stockholm in 1912."

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

"Modelled on the skills of the ideal soldier, pentathlon is the only sport created especially for the modern Olympics, being introduced by Games founder Baron Pierre de Coubertin in Stockholm in 1912."

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
They built a swimming pool into THE PITCH of the stadium where they had the Rugby 7's for this!
I kid you not.
Once the roid rage calmed down.
To be fair it hurts like hell sitting in the saddle when I have 'roids!

Women's 'lmypic marathon on now. it's actually up north in Sapporo.

a lot them are wearing hats or visors and as they can't get sponges from helpers (due to pandemic) so they get bags of ice and stuff them in their head gear - the cyclist's ice in nylons stuffed down back of yer neck trick.
it's not even 7 am there 12 km in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back