Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (4 Viewers)

It's the Slavic way

I mean like she's german but carry on.

Anywhoo being a combat sport at the highest level, slaps wouldn't matter shit so I tracked her insta to see what she if she had a reaction and thats how i found that.

I wouldnt want to undermine the other points about bullying here though - I suspect it's rife. Seeing Simone Biles step aside, in contrast to watching the surfers who were hi-fiving each other after going at each other for 30 mins in a typhoon is some contrast - and reflection of the environment the sport creates.

It is a global spectacle though - anything below superhuman and love island will win the ratings...

bizarre moment in the men's track cycling team pursuit when one of the Aussies came down close to the end. Looked a nasty fall and it wasn't clear at first what happened. What you'd normally expect is them misjudging a bend and sliding out. Turned out his handlebars snapped clean off the bike.

I can only remember this happening once ever before, and that was in the Paris-Roubaix, when George Hincapie's stem snapped. You'd nearly expect it in PR given the terrain, but not on the track. The bike manufacturers have a lot to answer for here.

Looks like they'll be given another run out, which is good.

have also seen similar i think during a time trial from a few years back - though now that i think of it, the stem didn't snap, i think it might not have been bolted on properly?

edit: was actually a snap:

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

amazing moment yesterday. fell at the bell and came back to win the 1500m heat.

and 12 hours later won the 5000m final easy

amazing moment yesterday. fell at the bell and came back to win the 1500m heat. and 12 hours later won the 5000m final easy

yea, not suspicious at all

Only just saw that...

best 5 seconds of the 'lympics so far -
'' Well lads do yiz both want gold medals or keep going?''
awesome.
probably one of the few events where drugs don't make much difference.
ability, training and keep your weight down.
Tamberi is real character and in another great moment he still there celebrating a few minutes later when Jacobs won and was the first to congratulate him.

Bigot is a fairly common surname in France.

unfortunately Sifan Hasan used to work with banned Nike coach Antonio Salazar.

Kellie Harrington's had another routine win this morning.
so far the boxing judging seems sound but that could go out the window when medals are being handed out.

I was going on earlier in thread about Roy Jones Jr at Seoul '88 and the background of poor refereeing at LA in 1984 came up but I've since looked back at LA '84 where there were some equally appalling decisions.
Howard Cossell will tell ya:

Henry Tillman later was KOed in pro fights with Holyfield and Tyson (1st round 1990).
not all the decisions went for the USA. even light heavyweight Evander Holyfield was a victim. in final seconds of the semi Holyfield looked like he had just recorded his fourth KO of the tournament when he was bizarrely DQed:

at the medal ceremony gold medal winner Josipovic let Holyfield stand on the top of the podium:

there's a lot of exasperation on twitter about something that happened in the pursuit race between the british federation of states and Denmark, but its hard to get the detail of what actually happened.

From what I can tell, the Danes caught the brits, but then rode into the back of them, taking them out of it.

Now they're consulting the rule-book to see if any rules were breached. From what I can gather, if you make it to within a meter of your opponents, you win, so if the crash occurs after that the race is technically already over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back