What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Dogma. Holds up ok. I'd say it pulls off about 65 - 70% of its jokes/ideas, and the rest fall flat. Was this controversial at the time? I'd say Jay's casual homophobia and misogyny would be more controversial now than any of the religious content

Dogma. Holds up ok. I'd say it pulls off about 65 - 70% of its jokes/ideas, and the rest fall flat. Was this controversial at the time? I'd say Jay's casual homophobia and misogyny would be more controversial now than any of the religious content

Ooh, memory lane. I remember I watched it with my parents whenever it came to Xtravision. They didn't seem to mind it and they were more god-fearing back then. They just thought it was a bit stupid and funny in parts. And it kept us quiet for a couple of hours. Worth a rewatch then. Where is?

King Rocker - Stewart Lee documentary on Birmingham post punk personality Rob Lloyd.

Very enjoyable. I don't remember Rob Lloyd at all. There is some time spent on his record label mate comedian Ted Chippington, who i definitely do remember seeing, but then he did have a look. Overall, it made me want to go practice with the middle ages lads.

Started Two Mules for Sister Sarah here, but I'll have to go to bed soon.

King Rocker - Stewart Lee documentary on Birmingham post punk personality Rob Lloyd.

Very enjoyable. I don't remember Rob Lloyd at all. There is some time spent on his record label mate comedian Ted Chippington, who i definitely do remember seeing, but then he did have a look. Overall, it made me want to go practice with the middle ages lads.

Started Two Mules for Sister Sarah here, but I'll have to go to bed soon.
sounds good. I know THE PREFECTS and THE NIGHTINGALES.
Stewart Lee like lots of cool music, from the 80's in particular but I don't really find him funny.
Ted Chippington I don't find funny at all.

John Robb's book Death To Trad Rock has a foreword by Stewart Lee and covers bands like NIGHTINGALES, A WITNESS, BOGSHED, STUMP, DOG FACED HERMANS, WEDDING PRESENT, DAWSON, BIG FLAME, STRETCHHEADS, 5 GO DOWN TO THE SEA etc but also has a section on Ted Chippington.

I only recorded it because I'm a stewart lee fan. And there is a lot of, kind of awkward stewart lee cackles peppered throughout. Stereotypical interviews while drinking pints in pubs.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but enjoyable for sure.

Ooh, memory lane. I remember I watched it with my parents whenever it came to Xtravision. They didn't seem to mind it and they were more god-fearing back then. They just thought it was a bit stupid and funny in parts. And it kept us quiet for a couple of hours. Worth a rewatch then. Where is?
Yeah I reckon so. It's of its time and wildly uneven, but it's very inventive. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck as the murderous fallen angels are the highlight. Really fun performances. I got it on the torrents.

Weird science. It's a long time since I last seen it. Not great. Highlights, Kelly Lebrock & that other wan with the dark hair.

Last edited:
Prevenge. A darkly comic film about a heavily pregnant woman seeking revenge for her late partner, by being commanded by her unborn daughter. It's very good.
Basket case. cheesy 80's fare. Inexplicably there are two follow ups. Despite the ending.
Edge of the axe. A masked mass killer is running amok in a small town with an axe. solid 80's slasher. not great, but not awful either.

Prevenge. A darkly comic film about a heavily pregnant woman seeking revenge for her late partner, by being commanded by her unborn daughter. It's very good.
Basket case. cheesy 80's fare. Inexplicably there are two follow ups. Despite the ending.
Edge of the axe. A masked mass killer is running amok in a small town with an axe. solid 80's slasher. not great, but not awful either.
Watched that with a pregnant wife a few years ago. Enjoyed it.

Watched Elle from 2016 last night

Bit of a strange one. Not quite sure what to think of it. I think I didn’t like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back