Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

the same thing has been true of schools for decades. your kid doesn’t have to get shots, but if they don’t, then good luck getting them a school spot. I appreciate the abstract libertarian point that, as a thought experiment, this is a form of soft coercion. so, yes, in a perfect spherical-cow world, no-one should be in a situation where they have to make this trade-off. however in the real world this is so far down the list it’s just irrelevant.

then add to that the actual, real, concrete *benefits* of getting this vaccine, and it just becomes simple.

and calling it ‘apartheid’ is just pointless dramatics. if this is your real, serious belief, then it would be to your benefit to be proportional in how you describe it. there’s no IDF here carpetbombing you.
Cheers bud I agree with most of what you are saying. I love that phrase you coined 'soft coercion' thats probably closer to the pressure I am getting. My job never explicitly told me that I must get the shot. I want to say this - I had a brother who passed suddenly a few years ago from a pulmonary embolism and that was devastating to me, I hav had issue myself with clots but it was because of a tibia plateau fracture on my knee that required a serious operation fitting plates and screws. Some clots developed and I was put on blood thinners for close to a year then when I read about the vaccine and some countries including are own either suspending or banning them for a period because of clotting that just made me very nervous. I'm a contrary bastard by nature maybe to my detriment and just the more I thought about this with the 'soft coercion' from work the more I dug in. But I can see that type of attitude may not be good in the long run.

Last edited:
One of the things I've seen on social media in bits and pieces is that while Delta is more transmissible it's not as severe. Is there anything credible on this or is it just the case that the more at risk people have in general been vaccinated and the people catching it now are of the group who are less likely to be severely impacted?

Cheers bud I agree with most of what you are saying. I love that phrase you coined 'soft coercion' thats probably closer to the pressure I am getting. My job never explicitly told me that I must get the shot. I want to say this - I had a brother who passed suddenly a few years ago from a pulmonary embolism and that was devastating to me, I hav had issue myself with clots but it was because of a tibia plateau fracture on my knee that required a serious operation fitting plates and screws. Some clots developed and I was put on blood thinners for close to a year then when I read about the vaccine and some countries including are own either suspending or banning them for a period because of clotting that just made me very nervous. I'm a contrary bastard by nature maybe to my detriment and just the more I thought about this with the 'soft coercion' from work the more I dug in. But I can see that type of attitude may not be good in the long run.
Covid is going to fuck up your vascular system a lot worse than the vaccine, especially the mRNA ones. Covid itself can cause severe clotting in microvessels, especially in tissues with densely packed blood supplies (like the brain, the lungs and the liver). Personally, if I was worried about clotting, I’d be looking to get vaccinated ASAP with Pfizer or Moderna.

fork in the road right here, my friend. there could be a lot of longer-term things riding on your choice. for me, it was easy. for people who I love, for people in this city, for the whole world. your call

Covid is going to fuck up your vascular system a lot worse than the vaccine, especially the mRNA ones. Covid itself can cause severe clotting in microvessels, especially in tissues with densely packed blood supplies (like the brain, the lungs and the liver). Personally, if I was worried about clotting, I’d be looking to get vaccinated ASAP with Pfizer or Moderna.
Cheers bud but if I catch Covid, I believe strongly that I have an excellent chance of making a full recovery and those antibodies that I would have built up will protect me in the future. Out of curiosity, has there been many deaths or adverse reactions from people taking the jab , is there any resources online that can be checked out? I believe my chances of making a recovery should I get it are very good and I have also heard that there are effective therapies around that can cure this like regeneron.I also take a daily supplement cocktail of zinc, magnesium, quercitin and Vit D and C which I have read and researched as being beneficial in early stage covid.

Cheers bud but if I catch Covid, I believe strongly that I have an excellent chance of making a full recovery and those antibodies that I would have built up will protect me in the future. Out of curiosity, has there been many deaths or adverse reactions from people taking the jab , is there any resources online that can be checked out? I believe my chances of making a recovery should I get it are very good and I have also heard that there are effective therapies around that can cure this like regeneron.I also take a daily cocktail of zinc, magnesium, quercitin and Vit D and C.

see this is the part that is difficult. it doesn’t matter what you “believe strongly.” the vaccine is way, way, way, way less dangerous to you than the virus. if you’re actually worried about clotting, instead of just using it as an excuse, then get a fucking vaccine as quick as you can. covid will fuck you up. it has fucked up friends of mine. young healthy people. lives ruined. didn’t matter what they believed. your call.

Cheers bud but if I catch Covid, I believe strongly that I have an excellent chance of making a full recovery and those antibodies that I would have built up will protect me in the future. Out of curiosity, has there been many deaths or adverse reactions from people taking the jab , is there any resources online that can be checked out? I believe my chances of making a recovery should I get it are very good and I have also heard that there are effective therapies around that can cure this like regeneron.I also take a daily supplement cocktail of zinc, magnesium, quercitin and Vit D and C which I have read and researched as being beneficial in early stage covid.
Actual lol. How the fuck have you done so much “research” into vitamin supplements and treatments for active COVID but missed the big day glow signs pointing to “VACCINATIONS”? You really want to wait to get COVID to take an anti-viral *after* the damage is kicked off (and one that had had much less research put into it than the vaccines)? After the clotting mechanisms are activated in blood vessels? After you’ve already infected others? For such an inquisitive guy, you sure don’t do much digging for yourself.

If you read my post, it was actually a question, Rather than getting drawn into your question I'll wait for your measured response to what I asked you.
I'm worried that we will go down the slippery slope of creating a two tiered society by labelling people who are vaxxed and those who are not. This inevitably leads to a new breed of discrimination and bigotry -an upper class of the vaxxed, and a lower class of the un-vaxxed. Either you conform to these rules or you can expect social segregation.

I'm worried that we will go down the slippery slope of creating a two tiered society by labelling people who are vaxxed and those who are not. This inevitably leads to a new breed of discrimination and bigotry -an upper class of the vaxxed, and a lower class of the un-vaxxed. Either you conform to these rules or you can expect social segregation.
the question is

What are the options available to society as an alternative, considering there is no way of predicting mutations?
That response is not answereing the question I am asking you in any way.

Actual lol. How the fuck have you done so much “research” into vitamin supplements and treatments for active COVID but missed the big day glow signs pointing to “VACCINATIONS”? You really want to wait to get COVID to take an anti-viral *after* the damage is kicked off (and one that had had much less research put into it than the vaccines)? After the clotting mechanisms are activated in blood vessels? After you’ve already infected others? For such an inquisitive guy, you sure don’t do much digging for yourself.
But you can still get covid even after you have had the vaccine, if you recover from Covid then the antibodies will ensure that you never get covid again. The recovery rate for those in their 30's getting covid is actually higher than the protection the vaccine gives you. Vitamins like zinc, vitamin D and C and quercitin are very good at combatting covid. Many respected medical professionals including Dr Fauci have said this themselves.

the question is

That response is not answereing the question I am asking you in any way.
Its a hard to know what to do because the vaccines are not 100% effective and as you say there will always be mutations but this Delta variant is not too bad. I think we cant live our lives avoiding viruses and locking ourselves up in the basement for months at a time or taking vaccines in perpetuity because you may catch the next variant and that will need another shot, every mutation will need another shot so on and on. Banning unvaccinated people who are not sick from work, travel and restaurants is not going to work either.

One of the things I've seen on social media in bits and pieces is that while Delta is more transmissible it's not as severe. Is there anything credible on this or is it just the case that the more at risk people have in general been vaccinated and the people catching it now are of the group who are less likely to be severely impacted?
i read elsewhere that there may be an 85% increase in hospitalisation with delta.

we are already beginning to see this with some restaurants not allowing unvaccinated into their premises, airlines not allowing travel unless you have a vaccine passport and now employers putting pressure on staff. I think this sets a very dangerous precedent.
the very reason we are talking about being able to open up restaurants is because of the vaccination program.
if you don't want to partake in a program but want to let everyone else do the legwork for you - and then you still want the benefit of everyone else's 'sacrifice', don't expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you.

Its a hard to know what to do because the vaccines are not 100% effective and as you say there will always be mutations but this Delta variant is not too bad. I think we cant live our lives avoiding viruses and locking ourselves up in the basement for months at a time or taking vaccines in perpetuity because you may catch the next variant and that will need another shot, every mutation will need another shot so on and on. Banning unvaccinated people who are not sick from work, travel and restaurants is not going to work either.

Ah no that's your opinion, and a sentence that makes no sense rather than an answer. I want a fully functional solution that avoids hospitalisation as well as a vaccine passport system will and gets society back to a functional state as well as a vaccine passport system will. You seem concerned about the topic, how, would you realistically deal with it?
I mean like anyone can ask glancing questions and plant seeds of doubt, but it takes much more effort to solve problems. If we are going to spend time on it, thats the thing to spend time on

The recovery rate for those in their 30's getting covid is actually higher than the protection the vaccine gives you.
this is a meaningless statement.
it'd fucking well want to be higher.
if the vaccine gives 80% protection then is what you're saying that 85% of people recovering from covid means the vaccine is pointless?

and is 'not recovering' = 'dying'? because that's a low bar you've set right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back