Hellworld Thread (2 Viewers)

it's about time the councils were given the power/political support to seize derelict properties; make them safe, and then sell them on the open market. if the original owner has a problem, they get the proceeds of the sale from the council, minus the cost of the works to make them safe, and a €50,000 handling fee for the council.
I always thought they had some kind of power to seize stuff that they just never used? A lot of the abandonment that goes on is developers buying up stuff piecemeal over years, then actually developing only when they have a large parcel of land. If I understand it right that's what happened up around the Bleeding Horse back in the day

i think they might, hence the 'political support' comment.

they recently lost a case against harry crosbie, over land behind vicar street, which they claimed was unused and were trying to levy vacant site tax on. he won the case, his legal team successfully argued that they use it for loading/unloading trucks.

I dunno tbh. Unoccupied investment properties are no better than dereliction - the land still isn't being used. A hotel? Marginally better than what's there I'd say, but don't have a strong opinion

If it's owned by the Council it's hardly an investment property though? I'd totally see your point if it was private property sold on but selling public at a loss I just can't get behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back