People Who Died (7 Viewers)

Rildo Menezes (1942 - 16 May 2021)
Brazilian footballer who won 49 caps at left back (1963-69). he scored his only international goal at Goodison Park in the 1966 World Cup 3-1 defeat to Portugal where Pele spent the match limping after two brutal fouls.
At club level he played w/ Botafogo and w/ Pele at Santos (67-72) and NY Cosmos.
After finishing playing Rildo settled in Los Angeles working as a coach.

one the Mitford's was Max Mosley's mother and Desmond Guinness was his older half brother.
also I think Stewart Copeland had a child with a daughter of Desmond.
not sure how I know all that but a few strange connections going on in the upper crust.

Tarcisio Burgnich (1939 - 26 May 2021)
Friuli born Inter Milan (1962-74) and Italy defender (66 caps 1963-74).
he later had a long career as a manager.

An all time great of Italian football Burgnich's achievements were far too many to mention but I'll give a short rundown of his biggest moments:

European Champion with Italy (1968), played in 3 World Cups inc. every game in 1970 campaign where Burgnich man marked Pele in the Final defeat.
At club level Burgnich was a 5 time Serie A Champ with Inter (and once with Juve in 1960-61), two times European Cup winner (and twice runner up inc. to Celtic in 1967) and that brief synopsis doesn't even come close to doing him justice....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back