What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Still Life. This old guy works at a level crossing and walks from the hut out to the gate and back when the trains are passing and also he walks to and from his house nearby where his wife sits making carpets.She also serves tea and cooks. She asks him for money for a new shawl and she asks him to ask the guys who bring the bread to get them some tea and sugar but he keeps forgetting. The son spends a night there at one point. The old guy gets a letter telling him that he's retired now and he doesn't know what to do. Very slow but very good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Voyagers. Really cringe sci-fi about an ark of young space travellers en route to a new planet who will live out their days on the ship, while their ancestors populate the new planet.

The characters take drugs to keep them docile and when they come off their meds it all goes a bit Lord of the Flies. Bad acting, special effects, costumes, sets etc. Shame because there's a good idea in there, but it was just poorly executed.

The Father .. beautiful and heartbreaking
The Delinquent Season .. tragiromantic ,held the attention but not fantastic

Voyagers. Really cringe sci-fi about an ark of young space travellers en route to a new planet who will live out their days on the ship, while their ancestors populate the new planet.

The characters take drugs to keep them docile and when they come off their meds it all goes a bit Lord of the Flies. Bad acting, special effects, costumes, sets etc. Shame because there's a good idea in there, but it was just poorly executed.
Kind of want to watch that for a laugh, just from the trailer it was obvious that it would be bollocks

Still Life. This old guy works at a level crossing and walks from the hut out to the gate and back when the trains are passing and also he walks to and from his house nearby where his wife sits making carpets.She also serves tea and cooks. She asks him for money for a new shawl and she asks him to ask the guys who bring the bread to get them some tea and sugar but he keeps forgetting. The son spends a night there at one point. The old guy gets a letter telling him that he's retired now and he doesn't know what to do. Very slow but very good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am going to guess this movie is Iranian ? loads of mundane things filmed in real time.

Without Remorse. Oooffff. I heard someone on the radio the other day saying “oh it’s great my husband loved it, it’s like John Wick!”

Reader, it is nothing like John Wick. Ok it’s a bit like John Wick, in the following four ways:
  • There is a man in it
  • His name is John
  • He is a widower
  • He shoots many people
And that’s it. This is a 14 year old Call of Duty player’s fantasy of what a good movie is. A complete waste of a Guy Pearce.

There’s an extended scene towards the end where our hero slaughters a load of people as a diversion.
Any other movie it’d be “oh just gently shoot them in the leg to incapacitate them” and you’d be “yeah ok fair enough” but this guy is fucking grenades off a roof onto a street below and murdering random cops who just turned up to stop some lunatics from shooting up their city.

I mean leaving aside for a moment the fact that it’s utterly morally bankrupt, he does all this in an attempt TO AVOID STARTING AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT.

SENSE? IT MAKES NONE.

Fried Barry. A South African junkie and all round scumbag, is abducted by aliens. The aliens then take over his body and go on a weird, wild trip through Cape Town. It was great.

The long weekend. A couple, who's marriage is on the rocks go to a beach out in rural Australia. The guy in particular is a shitty obnoxious person, to everyone and everything around him. Then Nature fights back against them, while they fall apart.

It sounds a bit Black Panthery to me. Yes, this guy is the hero, he's the leader of this fictional African utopia country where everybody is happy. Yes, that's right, he's the heir to an absolute monarchy where his rule is total and succession is decided by having a fight to death on top of a big waterfall. What?

It sounds a bit Black Panthery to me. Yes, this guy is the hero, he's the leader of this fictional African utopia country where everybody is happy. Yes, that's right, he's the heir to an absolute monarchy where his rule is total and succession is decided by having a fight to death on top of a big waterfall. What?
Makes politics interesting though.

Unhinged. Silly but watchable guff. Short too. Some good kills and a crap ending.Thought there'd be a twist, it's all in her head, she hit and runned someone he loves, or something like that but no, he's just a raving psycho who hates women

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back