Celebrity Creeps Thread (5 Viewers)

It doesn't look like Harris was dropped over being a creep though? I'm only barely aware of him aside from recognizing his photo because lol the Independent.

Glancing through his wiki some of it rings a bell, he's basically the same as everyone else of that generation? Sold out every belief he ever had and is disgusted that people younger than him aren't also doing that?

Tell me what to make of his career, I'm all ears on this one.

I don't know

BUT

My thoughts are
Journos are going to slowly rally round him a bit in a slow avalanche kinda way when they start thinking of themselves aged 78 getting cancelled out of work after a 50+ year career and there will be (along with the tweets posted here already) a slow redemption based on their own fears.
I also think he might have taken one for the team being long past retirement age, better to out one puppet rather than whole organisations worth.
I mean like his job was unionist cheerleader which is part of the FFG sectarianism that keeps them vaguely electable now that they've spend 50 years feathering that bed they'll need a new one so look out for the jostling there.

My take is every opinion journalist who backed the Iraq war, even in little backwaters like Ireland, should have lost their job long ago for either being compromised or gullible idiots. Even dumbass Lili aged 19/20 marched against it.

so a second legal firm has found something he'd said about their client, on that account and is now possibly initiating legal action, it seems.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glancing through his wiki some of it rings a bell, he's basically the same as everyone else of that generation? Sold out every belief he ever had and is disgusted that people younger than him aren't also doing that?
he does seems exceptionally talented at jettisoning opinions to be fair.
he'd have been a bill o'reilly type had he a little more charisma - often trying to make the story about him. he has an exceptionally fevered ego; my favourite moment i can remember was him being on the radio about ten or fifteen years ago, and it was a testy panel discussion. he ended up refusing to answer questions unless he was addressed as 'Senator Harris' because apparently he'd earned his seanad seat.

yeah, it was comical. whoever he was up against had the good sense to treat him like a child (while pointing out it was a political gift and not earned) and gently mocking him with the 'senator' bit from then on IIRC

can someone else listen to this for me and let me know if it's worth listening to? ta.

well, that was a hot mess. mcinerney did well, softly softly catchee monkey.

also, with friends like this.

I thought she went easy on him. I see some are saying that was deliberate as he was doing a good job of hanging himself.

I thought it could have done with a bit more anger and bit more raising of the voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back