• Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
this thread today

EZm.gif

Insurance renewal came ..down a whopping 280! woohoo

Thank fuck I dont have to do the old shopping around boogie this year

NCT fail.

It's first actual fail since I got it, had the resit today and still failed - brake imbalance so money will sort it soon enough but eh just coming into 230,000 miles so you'll expect that.

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my Corolla and getting another van for painting.

The toyota is a super yoke though so I might just pretend thats a van

Fan belt snapped while I was out on the road. Luckily it happened a few feet from a mechanics. Although he didn't have a spare he told me that by making sure all extra drains on the battery; lights, radio, heater etc were off, there would be enough power left in the battery to get me to a garage a few miles away.

Just thought that bit if info might be useful to anyone who wasn't aware of this.

have had to top the oil up in the car for the second time since the last service. once every 5k km or so, which is not really a good thing. though those engines (1.2tsi) are heavy on oil, they need a really light grade.

have had to top the oil up in the car for the second time since the last service. once every 5k km or so, which is not really a good thing. though those engines (1.2tsi) are heavy on oil, they need a really light grade.

Very unmechanical but

Once i had so little money for so long i had to run 22k km without an oil change. the light was on for 1000's of those. the mechanic said he opened the plug and basically nothing came out.

It was redlighting on 3-4k after that experience on the recommended weight.

Because rural i just had to throw whatever weight was at the petrol station into it after a while. After a sequence of randomised heavy/light fills over about 3 months months the red light problems were cured forever. it's gonna pass 230000 this week.

Maybe don't do this.

Fan belt snapped while I was out on the road. Luckily it happened a few feet from a mechanics. Although he didn't have a spare he told me that by making sure all extra drains on the battery; lights, radio, heater etc were off, there would be enough power left in the battery to get me to a garage a few miles away.

Just thought that bit if info might be useful to anyone who wasn't aware of this.
120 quid :mad: turns out a flywheel/pulley was sticking and had to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back