Keyboard/Piano advice (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
I haven't had access to a piano to play about with in over a year and thinking I need to get one for the house now. I'm thinking probably 88 keys, definitely need weighted keys (actually I wonder is it possible to get weighted keys with adjustable resistance at this point? That'd be cool – edit: I don't mean the built-in graded weight thing where the lower keys are slightly heavier than the upper keys, I mean where you could adjust the weighted sensitivity of the whole keyboard, so basically alter it between 'heavy action' and 'light action' kind of thing), and I guess it would be handy to have something that could plug into an audio interface and use as a midi controller too – but literally just being able to play as a piano will do too.
I reckon something not mad expensive, anything up to 1k should be fine, could stretch to 1500 I suppose, I hardly need one of those fancy Nord yokes like. Anybody got any recommendations of a good type to go for? I figure a lot of the people here must have a piano in some form or other.

If that adjustable resistance thing doesn't exist already I should invent it now and make a fortune.

I haven't had access to a piano to play about with in over a year and thinking I need to get one for the house now. I'm thinking probably 88 keys, definitely need weighted keys (actually I wonder is it possible to get weighted keys with adjustable resistance at this point? That'd be cool – edit: I don't mean the built-in graded weight thing where the lower keys are slightly heavier than the upper keys, I mean where you could adjust the weighted sensitivity of the whole keyboard, so basically alter it between 'heavy action' and 'light action' kind of thing), and I guess it would be handy to have something that could plug into an audio interface and use as a midi controller too – but literally just being able to play as a piano will do too.
I reckon something not mad expensive, anything up to 1k should be fine, could stretch to 1500 I suppose, I hardly need one of those fancy Nord yokes like. Anybody got any recommendations of a good type to go for? I figure a lot of the people here must have a piano in some form or other.

If that adjustable resistance thing doesn't exist already I should invent it now and make a fortune.
I got this one, but in black, about 10 years ago. Have to say it works really well, fully weighted keys and you can use it as a midi controller if you want. I can't remember how much i paid but it was definitely under a grand.

All the advice you need
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a Roland P-64 - only 64 keys because I already have an acoustic piano and the tiny stages that Stoat plays on usually don't have room for an 88-key keyboard. I like it, and it sounds good. That's not to say you don't notice its sonic limitations now and again, but still it's enjoyable to play

Yeah I was looking at Rolands similar to that too. Maybe I should get a bit less than 88 keys as well haha. I dunno, sometimes it feels like I need them, but for the amount of use you'd get from the top and bottom octaves...

The Roland was the only one with fewer than 88 keys that had a weighted keyboard when I was looking to buy it. Did my best to buy it from my local music shop (in Drogheda), but they told me to buy it off thomann cos there was no way they could compete on price

I don't mind buying off Thomann really, but I'd rather buy somewhere Irish based if the price is even close, usually. But yeah a lot of things the price isn't really even close.

Can you not get relatively cheap keyboards with in-built tremolo yet?

Can you not get relatively cheap keyboards with in-built tremolo yet?

Behringer must have something that'd achieve that sound.

They are all synths I think. The DeepMind 12 looks class, but I need to walk before I can run.

I have their Pro One which I love. Possibly the easiest synth to get going with but you'd also need a controller keyboard such as the Arturia Keystep. I also have their Poly D which has keys and all in one package.

Currently looking at this btw. Also to note, I haven't a bit of piano playing in me.

Currently looking at this btw. Also to note, I haven't a bit of piano playing in me.

Got this and it's lovely. Sounds great.

YouTube song piano lessons amazing to kick off with too. I waited far too long to spread my wings. Picking up the guitar after some piano feels great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back