Cancelled (1 Viewer)

I find her completely without charisma tbh, she just seems to be a typical ruthless Type A American, but it meant her live shows from the past two albums when she was presenting herself as a robot were amazing. That last tour was definitely one of the best shows i've ever seen.

David Byrne also said that, despite working extensively with her, he never felt he got to know her, even a little bit. That she's cold and standoffish, and just has no interest or ability to interact with other humans.

Again, I don't this as Type A shit, or even arrogance. Rather, someone who is socially inept and has serious confidence issues.

Also, I could be completely wrong.

Strange that she would call her new album "Daddy's home" if she didn't want to draw attention to what had happened.
I would have thought it was an obvious tribute to Cliff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

David Byrne also said that, despite working extensively with her, he never felt he got to know her, even a little bit. That she's cold and standoffish, and just has no interest or ability to interact with other humans.

Again, I don't this as Type A shit, or even arrogance. Rather, someone who is socially inept and has serious confidence issues.

Also, I could be completely wrong.
Well far be it from me to diagnose her as anything, I'm really just trying to work out what it is that irritates me about her. Like, she wants to be the Bowie or Prince or whatever of her generation (nothing wrong with that), but I don't get the emotional connection with her that I get with them, nor is she as WTF out there as, say, a Grace Jones. I still like her stuff.

St Vincent is actually a French metaler:

yer woman Anne Clark is exactly the sort of artist endorsed by pitchfork and the mainstream press that I can't stand and goes right over my head - yucko.
It's very rare for me to do a post dissing someone's music here but it has to be done.
she gets way to much attention on thumped. leave her to the Irish Independent.

Daddy's Home was a particularly gruesome Cliff song. a big hit at Xmas 1981 it was held off the top spot by
The Human League for several weeks.

That's coming from David Byrne who is apparently autistic.
Says a lot about her I think

Her episode of guitar moves is really enjoyable. She comes across pretty normal on it which maybe again because it's guitars and riffs and playing and not so much personal stuff.

There's always another conspiracy of course

There's always another conspiracy of course

I agree with this, but like 99% of music interviews are terrible, with bad questions, and the interviewees clearly don't want to be there. But also saying y'all in a tweet is a million times worse than doing a bad interview

I agree with this, but like 99% of music interviews are terrible, with bad questions, and the interviewees clearly don't want to be there. But also saying y'all in a tweet is a million times worse than doing a bad interview
I admit that we are a far cry from Richey James telling Smash Hits readers to all kill themselves at 13 because it doesn't get any better.

edit: lol here it is, the interview is in Dublin and all.

Hmm

I betcha the reason she wanted it killed was that she (obliquely) spoke out against the woke internet

St. Vincent said:
There’s a whole lot of judgement going around and not a whole lot of understanding. And judgement is anti-curious ... there’s an intellectual orthodoxy that is involved in utopian thinking and a lot of times it doesn’t allow for either a complex set of incentives or it doesn’t allow for the totality of human nature in its equation

That kind of thing. Afraid of a Harper's-letter-style backlash, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back