WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (1 Viewer)

not really 'want' but this is nice. ads from this guys shop on Ali have been following me around the internet

I'm having a hard time figuring out if their stock is entirely knock offs or factory seconds of other brands.
The stuff on aliexpress can sometimes be 100% accurate knock offs sold at a fraction of the price - have a look at some of the Lego sets on there. They come unboxed and with instructions that have no logo on them but are otherwise identical to the real thing. Or so I’m told.

Other stuff is clearly made in the same factory using the same materials as the “real” thing, usually on an off the books third shift or whatever, so the only thing “fake” is the label. Allegedly.

The stuff on aliexpress can sometimes be 100% accurate knock offs sold at a fraction of the price - have a look at some of the Lego sets on there. They come unboxed and with instructions that have no logo on them but are otherwise identical to the real thing. Or so I’m told.

Other stuff is clearly made in the same factory using the same materials as the “real” thing, usually on an off the books third shift or whatever, so the only thing “fake” is the label. Allegedly.

I bought some components (guitar pots) there a few months ago as a trial. they do appear to be 'out the back door' of the factory stuff based on feel and readings.
I'd be a bit wary of spending more than 20-30 quid though. You could get rode by customs if nothing else.

I bought some components (guitar pots) there a few months ago as a trial. they do appear to be 'out the back door' of the factory stuff based on feel and readings.
I'd be a bit wary of spending more than 20-30 quid though. You could get rode by customs if nothing else.

Relevant

interesting - while that shop doesn't show the from of the headstocks, several had 'made in USA' stamped on back.

right so due to an unexpected full price sale of something I have 400euro to 're-invest' (I actually made money on instrument buying and selling, as oposed to taking a loss)

I'm very attracted by the 'amp for all seasons' power switching idea. (I have a motely collection of rubbish-alright amps, the best sounding of which is a modded to death one which is likely to die or kill me next time I plug it in). So one smallish amp could do home volume and also small gig (ha, ha, ha) or jam (guffaw)

the two below are of interest

obviously almost a 100% difference in price, although one may want to put a few bob into the harley benton in terms of upgrading speaker. (I actually have tungsol + JJ 12ax7 and EL84 sets in the gaff from other projects.

if there wasn't the price differential I'd go with the marshall, for that little bit of clean headroom and the DI out. That said the HB has a 12"

Bear in mind I'm a musical chancer - no ear melting solos here - pearls before swine non-casting a consideration.

would be interested in thoughts or experiences

right so due to an unexpected full price sale of something I have 400euro to 're-invest' (I actually made money on instrument buying and selling, as oposed to taking a loss)

I'm very attracted by the 'amp for all seasons' power switching idea. (I have a motely collection of rubbish-alright amps, the best sounding of which is a modded to death one which is likely to die or kill me next time I plug it in). So one smallish amp could do home volume and also small gig (ha, ha, ha) or jam (guffaw)

obviously almost a 100% difference in price, although one may want to put a few bob into the harley benton in terms of upgrading speaker. (I actually have tungsol + JJ 12ax7 and EL84 sets in the gaff from other projects.

if there wasn't the price differential I'd go with the marshall, for that little bit of clean headroom and the DI out. That said the HB has a 12"

Bear in mind I'm a musical chancer - no ear melting solos here - pearls before swine non-casting a consideration.

Instead of an amp you could always buy a new bass?

Harley benton amp & There 1x12 or 2x12 cabs. Still cheaper than Marshall, plus more volume should you be gigging/in practice room.

Yeah leaning toward the Harley.
Harley benton amp & There 1x12 or 2x12 cabs. Still cheaper than Marshall, plus more volume should you be gigging/in practice room.
Actually - now that I think about it I have a 1x10 homemade cab with a Jensen. Could be an interesting pairing should one need to push more air

this arrived today - a lot of breaking in to do but first impressions are good. good basic tone, warm but not too mushy, with lots of scope for adjustment in terms of EQ. Reverb is grand too - gets a bit washy after half way.
have only run at 1W so far, and on low gain. over the weekend I'll bring it out to the shed and piss off the neighbors.
a lot of amp for 220euro to be fair.

this arrived today - a lot of breaking in to do but first impressions are good. good basic tone, warm but not too mushy, with lots of scope for adjustment in terms of EQ. Reverb is grand too - gets a bit washy after half way.
have only run at 1W so far, and on low gain. over the weekend I'll bring it out to the shed and piss off the neighbors.
a lot of amp for 220euro to be fair.
You should have bought my bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back