Harley Benton! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 4
Heres the latest edition to my Benton collection. This guitar is nothing short of miraculous.
Its a telecaster. A cracking telecaster. Rings like a bell.
Looks awesome and has a 350mm radius and huge frets. What more could you want!

yele.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the latest edition to my Benton collection. This guitar is nothing short of miraculous.
Its a telecaster. A cracking telecaster. Rings like a bell.
Looks awesome and has a 350mm radius and huge frets. What more could you want!

View attachment 14748
i very nearly bought one of those last year before I fell into my guitar building/modding wormhole. looks like a savage piece!

i very nearly bought one of those last year before I fell into my guitar building/modding wormhole. looks like a savage piece!
169 bucks! As good as any guitar I ever had ..its ridiculous.

Nut slots were a bit high out of the box.. but shur I have a set of nut files so thats no impediment to a man like myself

I'll be getting one of the offsets next.. with p90s

169 bucks! As good as any guitar I ever had ..its ridiculous.

Nut slots were a bit high out of the box.. but shur I have a set of nut files so thats no impediment to a man like myself

I'll be getting one of the offsets next.. with p90s

if filing the nut is the worst you have to content with thats not bad!
I've heard good things about the offsets too - have become VERY partial to a nice p90 sound

My pal has one of the jaguar looking yokes,I had a go on it. Deadly. I'm gonna get a white one when they have them again

For this kinda money..if I get one, play it for a while then stick it in its case on top of the wardrobe for occasional use thats aok .

That HB I bought must have been a dud.
What exactly was wrong with it?

I have heard the action on some of those ones can be a bit high with no way of lowering it down

yea, action was poor, intonation was bad, sounded rubbish. Overall toy- like feel. Pretty much everything. But yea I'm not going to judge every HB on that one.
I would love one of the blue ones but I can't justify it with the Gordon Smith sitting there

After letting the tele settle in to its new home in the shed I was able to set the action lower than I can really play it....Ibanez low I call it. Too low is no use to me I can't get me fingers under the strings.

Its just right now. Its a player

The tele came with 10's on it. I gave them a good chance but it was too hard work. I just restrung it with my usual 9s. Just keeps getting better. Plus I used HB strings 1.50 a pack omg. they do the job.

Actually I need to get some more.. might need to get another guitar to get my shipping free

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back