MUBI (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
Now have discovered if you use a VPN you can access any country's version of MUBI. Which is great but .. it means I now spend ages going "I wonder what movies I can watch if I pretend I live in Blugaria?".

If someone made an app that amalgates them all into some sort of super-MUBI and allows you to search it and tell you what country you need to be in to see that movie you want to watch ... that would be amazing.
Brilliant.

Just had a flick through via Poland, France and USA. Threw up some great selections across the 3.

The french one has Wim Wenders' Wings Of Desire. Only watched that for the first time a week or two ago. Excellent.

haven't watched a movie on Mubi in months

went to cancel my regular monthly sub

when doing so before you can cancel it they give you an option to keep your same sub at a rate of 6 euro a month rather than 10. Ended up going with it. 6 a month is good value, that's what i'll keep telling myself anyway for now

Watched both of the King Hu martial arts films (Dragon Inn and Touch Of Zen). Both excellent though TOZ drags on a bit,

The Brand New Testament is good fun.

watched Home the other night. From 2008, part of Mubi's Isabelle Huppert season or whatever they're calling it.

Thought it was brilliant. Bit of drama, comedy and surrealism rolled into one. Centres almost entirely around a family of five, great performances all around

Watched a great Danish movie called Pusher last night. Debut film from the guy that made Drive. Lead is played by the main cop from the first couple of seasons of Broen. Drug dealer has a rough 3 or 4 days trying to put out fires made by himself. Part of a trilogy I must look into

Watched a great Danish movie called Pusher last night. Debut film from the guy that made Drive. Lead is played by the main cop from the first couple of seasons of Broen. Drug dealer has a rough 3 or 4 days trying to put out fires made by himself. Part of a trilogy I must look into
Yea watched that on Sunday, although had watched it loads of times before. So fucking good- parts 2 and 3 are allegedly even better.

I would also recommend Festen which came up on it recently- another Danish one, the first of the Dogme movies. I was blown away by it...

Yea watched that on Sunday, although had watched it loads of times before. So fucking good- parts 2 and 3 are allegedly even better.

I would also recommend Festen which came up on it recently- another Danish one, the first of the Dogme movies. I was blown away by it...
Festen is amazing. Taking aside the outrageous Dogme 95 manifesto, it just works as a terrific movie. I saw it years ago when Channel 4 showed a load of Dogme films and it’s the only one that stood out as anything other than an attempt to shock.

Festen is amazing. Taking aside the outrageous Dogme 95 manifesto, it just works as a terrific movie. I saw it years ago when Channel 4 showed a load of Dogme films and it’s the only one that stood out as anything other than an attempt to shock.
Yea, I was kinda hesitant to watch it because I thought it would be a case of style over substance but it's a perfect combination of a quality script, distinctive visual style, well paced, and most of all great characters..

Watched the second Pusher last weekend- also amazing. Where the first one was basicall y a thriller this one is more of a character study of Tonny (the skinhead guy) played by Mads Mikkelson. Needless to say everyone in the movie is depraved and fucked up- it's a great move and definitely up there with the first one. I see the third part has come up on Mubi today so that's Saturday night sorted..

Watched the second Pusher last weekend- also amazing. Where the first one was basicall y a thriller this one is more of a character study of Tonny (the skinhead guy) played by Mads Mikkelson. Needless to say everyone in the movie is depraved and fucked up- it's a great move and definitely up there with the first one. I see the third part has come up on Mubi today so that's Saturday night sorted..
Cheers for the heads-up.

Actually ended up renting parts 2 and 3 from Youtube days after seeing the first one. Absolutely loved them all. What a trilogy!
Almost impossible to pick a favourite but I think I might be leaning towards 3.

Watched the aviators wife the other night. Liked it. Now want to check out more of the Eric Rohmer movies on MUBI but they’re being taken down (or ‘leaving’ as they sat on the app) today. If I download them I presume the download won’t work once they’re gone from the site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back