What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

i watched the dig which i thought was pretty good. thought ralf fiennes was great.

The first two LOTR films

i've been re-reading lotr for the first time since i first saw the movies. having seen the movies quite a few times since, and having read the book a few times prior, i can't get over just how many details are different between one and the other. barring the basics, the first 100 pages or so (that's about as far as i am right now) are completely re-written. i remember when i first saw the movies i was captivated and felt that peter jackson had stayed very close to the source material. now that i'm reading it again it's mad just how different it is. (i'm sure that an in-depth analysis of everything that's different is just a google away). not to take away from the movies... which i think are great.

i watched the dig which i thought was pretty good. thought ralf fiennes was great.

i've been re-reading lotr for the first time since i first saw the movies. having seen the movies quite a few times since, and having read the book a few times prior, i can't get over just how many details are different between one and the other. barring the basics, the first 100 pages or so (that's about as far as i am right now) are completely re-written. i remember when i first saw the movies i was captivated and felt that peter jackson had stayed very close to the source material. now that i'm reading it again it's mad just how different it is. (i'm sure that an in-depth analysis of everything that's different is just a google away). not to take away from the movies... which i think are great.
I always like the Bakshi rotoscope version better because it did stay more true to the book. Like, if they'd properly finished that version, and maybe extended it a bit, that would have been the go to forever.
The Jackson films are great though, except obviously the last 30 minutes or so is unwatchable drivel. I bet fuckin Bakshi would have fucked The Shire up!!

I always like the Bakshi rotoscope version better because it did stay more true to the book. Like, if they'd properly finished that version, and maybe extended it a bit, that would have been the go to forever.
The Jackson films are great though, except obviously the last 30 minutes or so is unwatchable drivel. I bet fuckin Bakshi would have fucked The Shire up!!
cannot get over how much leg Aragorn has on show in it though

OIP._j-7k6DuMyyvHOe8n7tfbwHaGo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Haven't watched that yet but apparently it's an interesting take.

there's also the soviet lotr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back