What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

I'm currently watching Deutschland 86.

Watched 83 a while ago and enjoyed it. My Germanic friend tells me that 86 is the weakest of the three, but 89 is good. I'm quite liking 86 so far, so if 89 is better, then great. It is interesting seeing all this Cold War stuff from a German perspective.

Just finished 89 and it's great but I loved all three.

'83 was the best. I haven't watched the Deutschland '89 yet.
I very rarely watch TV drama. this is probably the only series I've watched 20 episodes of as an adult.
I would have thought you'd be into This Is England too, especially given how much it uses the musical scenes as a backdrop.

The pace picks up really quickly.
it certainly did. Onto season 2 now. Theres a very different vibe to it than the original series, but some of the characters did become interesting, and some of the storylines have been good. But, there is some spectacularly bad acting in it. Overall I'm enjoying it all the same.

Gonna check your spoiler now.

I just thought it was interesting. At the time I thought they were going for an alternative take on the story - I don’t really remember the specifics but stuff like
skipping out on the neighbours and basically leaving them to die, then effwctively murdering a load of people as a distraction, some other stuff involving Strand I think?

I just thought it was interesting. At the time I thought they were going for an alternative take on the story - I don’t really remember the specifics but stuff like
skipping out on the neighbours and basically leaving them to die, then effwctively murdering a load of people as a distraction, some other stuff involving Strand I think?
they certainly seemed to arrive at that point sooner than in the original series, for sure. The 'you gotta sacrifice others to save yourself/don't trust anyone' stuff didn't happen in the original series til they'd been burned a few times but, as you said, in this series, that shit was happening pretty much from the off.

The only really likable character in it so far is the junkie kid. I thought the aul lad was gonna be the new Rick Grimes, but its looking more likely the kid is headed that way.

Guess I might give the Deutschland show a go, I sort of saw a couple of episodes before and they seemed decent but I hadn't seen from the start so didn't know what was going on really apart from SPY SHIT.

I would have thought you'd be into This Is England too, especially given how much it uses the musical scenes as a backdrop.
yeah - I did watch This Is England but both 86 and 90 only had 4 episodes in each series.

Deutschland 83 and 86 was the only thing I stuck with for 20 programmes.

I am fascinated with the 1980's as being an adult from the 90's onwards was a let down.
musically it seems like by the end of the 1980's we already had everything important established.
so I think my generation never anything majorly original.

yeah - I did watch This Is England but both 86 and 90 only had 4 episodes in each series.

Deutschland 83 and 86 was the only thing I stuck with for 20 programmes.

I am fascinated with the 1980's as being an adult from the 90's onwards was a let down.
musically it seems like by the end of the 1980's we already had everything important established.
so I think my generation never anything majorly original.
That's how all the lads from the 70s feel about the 80s onwards though.

Finished season two of Line Of Duty. Its completely OTT but entertaining nonsense nonetheless. I'm trying to view it as a kind of modern day Sweeney .. it certainly has enough violence! And cops taking corners in fast cars. Proper coppers . They say that a lot

The shaky cam is horrendous though.

I'm holding out for Kelly MacDonalds appearance in Season 6.

There's British shows like Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders, Sherlock, there's probably more. They like to go OTT because they're trying to keep up with American shows. But in so doing they're missing the point of what makes a (relatively) small budget show good.

Haven't checked the new season of Line of Duty yet. I shall binge on it in the coming weeks. I think it's great.

After all the talk in this thread been watching SuperStore. Fucking netflix eh? Didn't even know it existed until it popped up on there. Weird to hear all the 2016 talk. Exactly the kind of thing I need right now though.

also LOL that the only way they can justify going on strike is to save the job of their boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back