2021 albums worth a listen.... (4 Viewers)

Mosquitos talk a good fight on paper, but I'm not so convinced by their claustrophobic murmurings. They make me think of a band in a sci-fi movie where the members have no facial features, as if sunken under skin. Could be an interesting proposition live though. Hmmm.

Anyway, here's some twelve string acoustic guitar by the bloke from Borbetomagus. [Sounds like a hurdy gurdy on track though].

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mosquitos talk a good fight on paper, but I'm not so convinced by their claustrophobic murmurings. They make me think of a band in a sci-fi movie where the members have no facial features, as if sunken under skin. Could be an interesting proposition live though. Hmmm.

Anyway, here's some twelve string acoustic guitar by the bloke from Borbetomagus. [Sounds like a hurdy gurdy on track though].

I've only heard that EP (which I liked) as it was the only thing on Apple Music by them. I was going to buy the vinyl but it's sold out.

Two high profile underground releases dropped today.

Firstly, the new Tomahawk.

Business as usual, that'll do for now, just what the doc ordered, etc. from the first few tracks anyway. So if you like Tomahawk, you're laughing.

Duane Dennison's muted palm. A real guitar god.

and secondly:

I must confess I haven't bought or really listened to a new record from these guys in over ten years. Although I really liked that Twin Peaks stuff. Sort of wish Lynch had used mostly their music in the new TP. I understand some of the choices he made were used to recoup on soundtrack sales, but Eddie Vedder strumming away in the roadhouse?

Only heard about this because I follow Angela Seo on ig, and her account is HOTT. Like, smoking. She is a massive lash.

Sounds quite dense. Ethereal. Another band for the 'always the same, always different' model. Produced by Lawrence English and indie rock's most annoying cunt Greg Saunier.

Shit-ton of featured guests on vocal duties including Liz Harris [Grouper].

a couple of versions of the godspeed livestream from last night have made their way onto youtube

a couple of versions of the godspeed livestream from last night have made their way onto youtube

also, if I might add...

I still love GYBE. they are a colossal band and also an amazing weird unique flower of culture. I loved watching every minute of this thing. what a monumental thing they do. twenty years in and they’re still fantastic. here we all are trudging through the collapse and who better to soundtrack it. like they said long ago: a rumble from a ruined speaker to maybe bring the govt down one sorry heart at a time.

also, if I might add...

I still love GYBE. they are a colossal band and also an amazing weird unique flower of culture. I loved watching every minute of this thing. what a monumental thing they do. twenty years in and they’re still fantastic. here we all are trudging through the collapse and who better to soundtrack it. like they said long ago: a rumble from a ruined speaker to maybe bring the govt down one sorry heart at a time.
I watched it last night, so good. And totally agree with your post. They were made for these times.

anyone buying that For Those I Love album?

people likening it to A Lazarous Soul, who I love, but when I tried this album I turned it off after a minute.

I'll try it again but its not doing anything for me in the first 60 seconds.

anyone buying that For Those I Love album?

people likening it to A Lazarous Soul, who I love, but when I tried this album I turned it off after a minute.

I'll try it again but its not doing anything for me in the first 60 seconds.
Saw your man that made it on the Tommy Tiernan show. He came across really well, very articulate guy. Had a listen to one of the tracks off it, sounds decent. Because I can't think of a more up to date reference I'm going to say it sounds a little bit like the streets. Spoken word word stuff over music that's not really hip hop

That Pharaoh Sanders/Floating Points is very pleasant nighttime listening.

This is out in June...duo jazz from Josh Abrams and Chad Taylor. One track preview available there.

Also out on Drag City is that New Bums album with Ben Chasny and Double Leopards bloke... thought it was lame af from the two tracks they had up - is it some sort of pisstake pastiche thing?

Saw Aaron Dilloway bigging this up on ig. Listening now.

Cut up, improvised noise - lots of pricking around and processing of vocals and found sound. Varied. Worth a dip if you like noise and found sound/ concrete. Yaknow.

Saw Aaron Dilloway bigging this up on ig. Listening now.

Cut up, improvised noise - lots of pricking around and processing of vocals and found sound. Varied. Worth a dip if you like noise and found sound/ concrete. Yaknow.

just looked at snippets of videos of C.L. performing - including acapella - which she is well able to pull off live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back