I think I'm coming round to the stratocaster (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
In my youth pretty much the only guitars available were shitty strat copies.
A man with a banjaxed korean squire was a king amongst plebs.
I then began to associate strats with middle aged blues-rock wank. Not for a funky monkey like the 20-something me.
This was despite my actually owning a strat (a half decent early chinese squier), which I sold for a pittance.

Having acquired another and frankly quite deadly if wrecked early chinese squire I have discovered/rediscovered how nice they can be.

I've come over to the strat side of the street

I said to meself, I bet he had a humbucker in the bridge.

fast-eddie-clarke-motorhead-rip-obituary.jpg

@Cornu Ammonis aha!
@moose yeah - I'm thinking of wiring the bridge and middle to tone controls, as that would give you hi cut on 4 out of the 5 positions that might require it most. or wire a master tone and do something else with that pot/hole. Generally play with everything on 10, but sometimes like to pull a bit of high end off the bridge

@Cornu Ammonis aha!
@moose yeah - I'm thinking of wiring the bridge and middle to tone controls, as that would give you hi cut on 4 out of the 5 positions that might require it most. or wire a master tone and do something else with that pot/hole. Generally play with everything on 10, but sometimes like to pull a bit of high end off the bridge
You can use the same tone control for two pickups too.

Of course there's super switches too but no one needs that sorta complication.

yeah - I rooted through my parts box there - think I'm going to stick in a series parallel switch, master vol, and turn the 2nd tone into a blend knob of some description. as with most of these types of mod, will give me X new tones, X-(X-1) of which will actually be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back