D'you like dags? (1 Viewer)

I want a dog, and I want a cat.

but regrettably I probably need to get a car first.

then learn how to drive it.

This might be a bad crowd to ask. Someone asked the question here before and after Thumped weighed in they ended up with a fish. Thinking of getting a dog

Anyway, it's my dog's birthday today! 8 years old! I think having a dog is great, the only downside for me was a slight loss of spontaneity - no surprise pints after work. (Although, a huge upside is the excuse to dodge surprise pints after work.)

Anyway, it's my dog's birthday today! 8 years old! I think having a dog is great, the only downside for me was a slight loss of spontaneity - no surprise pints after work. (Although, a huge upside is the excuse to dodge surprise pints after work.)
This works for getting a kid too.

In the other thread I shared the good advice on getting a dog that my mate had. Get a dog that seems shy and not too energetic cause they'll be way less hassle than a dog that seems friendly and runs up to everything it sees and never stops running all over the place. So like if you're in a dog pound, take the dog that sits at the back quietly rather than the one that runs straight up jumping at you.

In the other thread I shared the good advice on getting a dog that my mate had. Get a dog that seems shy and not too energetic cause they'll be way less hassle than a dog that seems friendly and runs up to everything it sees and never stops running all over the place. So like if you're in a dog pound, take the dog that sits at the back quietly rather than the one that runs straight up jumping at you.
Sage advice. Our late two were very quiet, being Bulldogs, so we could leave them in bed/on the couch, while we worked, with no bother. A young pup on the other hand will have a lot of energy, and if you're in work for eight hours, that's eight hours of unsupervised mayhem. Do get one if you're ready for one. Great craic altogether.
Think we're going to get a new dog this year.

This might be a bad crowd to ask. Someone asked the question here before and after Thumped weighed in they ended up with a fish. Thinking of getting a dog
That was me!
The kids' child minder actually bought them the fish. The fish are doing great still.
It wasn't thumped that turned us off getting a dog back then, it was the massive money that people have been looking for them since lockdown began. Most people on here gave fairly decent advice when I was asking.
We're still on for getting a dog. We actually did a video call with a charity called HUG about 2 weeks and they've put us down as potential adoptees for a greyhound within the next month or 2 which we're really excited about.
I'll let ye know more as it develops...

I've been hanging out with my walking buddy's little ball of rage and it's great craic. I think @snakybus your crew would love the companionship that comes with them.

I'd get a small one because the shits are smaller.

We actually did a video call with a charity called HUG about 2 weeks and they've put us down as potential adoptees for a greyhound within the next month or 2 which we're really excited about.
HUG is fantastic! And a retired greyhound can be such a good choice, they're already trained to walk on a lead and they are so very, very incredibly lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back