BREXIT (4 Viewers)

He's just one guy. I'm sure the pro-Brexit people have their own videos as well.
I wonder. I've blocked a lot of that shit off my social feeds but the odd one used to get through. I haven't seen a single thing about how life is now better

And if there are videos, I can't imagine they're coming from fisherfolk.

so... what exactly is the long game for the DUP?

I was thinking about this yesterday for a while. the DUP has just made strategic error after strategic error over the last five years. that’s not exactly news.

but how do they see this all playing out, five years on from now? ten years? twenty? are they truly so strategically blind that they’re maybe just not having these conversations, internally?

we all know they’re a weird crowd of bible-thumpers and all the rest of it. but at least right now they also seem to be a strange little presbyterian version of a late-soviet-era communist party — dimly aware that the ground is moving underneath their feet but seemingly having absolutely no idea how to adapt beyond repeating all the familiar rituals.

all this partly prompted by this article, trying to explain — yet again — how norniron is such a brexit headache:

we all know they’re a weird crowd of bible-thumpers and all the rest of it. but at least right now they also seem to be a strange little presbyterian version of a late-soviet-era communist party — dimly aware that the ground is moving underneath their feet but seemingly having absolutely no idea how to adapt beyond repeating all the familiar rituals.
Here have you been to my bi-weekly sermon about how society at large still expects the pandemic to end in time for summer so the pesky thing doesn't get in the way of the holibops??

Humans are fucking hard to convince like.

Here have you been to my bi-weekly sermon about how society at large still expects the pandemic to end in time for summer so the pesky thing doesn't get in the way of the holibops??

Humans are fucking hard to convince like.
Oh I don’t doubt that the average common-or-garden DUP voter is mulishly loyal to the cause and cannot be reckoned with. that’s fine.

I’m more thinking of people higher up in the party, who want the party to still exist in a significant way in, say, a decade from now. I presume that these people must exist, even if there are only actually a handful of them.

Like, if you were (for some reason) a young and ambitious careerist who had decided that the DUP was going to be your little empire, you would want to make sure that the necessary groundwork was happening to make sure that the party doesn’t just collapse as its current voter base dies (or abandons it for the TUV or whoever).

are these people all just ignoring everything and hoping for the best?

and meanwhile I imagine the shinners are happy to wait for the DUP to keep driving into more and more ditches until they eventually hit one they can’t get out of. don’t interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake, and all that jazz

I’m more thinking of people higher up in the party, who want the party to still exist in a significant way in, say, a decade from now. I presume that these people must exist, even if there are only actually a handful of them.
I think the entire founded on the basis of never changing, which may have been a talisman for stirring crowds in the 70s by a certain reverend, but it probably became doctrine for the current generation. They'll need another lightning rod personality, the current crew are all very cosy heirs.

The DUP plan was more than likely the return of some sort of border in Ireland via Brexit which has backfired on them since not only did they support Brexit but also the hard version of it which has led to the protocol and now weirdly there are like the only remoaner party left in Westminster. I don't know what kind of plan they can come up with they seem to be asking the Tories to do something who themselves don't look like they take the whole Brexit thing they just agreed very seriously but maybe also don't really care as much about Northern Ireland as the DUP would like either. They might lose some support to another unionist party perhaps I really don't know the UK government itself seems to be completely off the rails and totally unprepared for their new relationship with the EU.

The DUP plan was more than likely the return of some sort of border in Ireland via Brexit which has backfired on them since not only did they support Brexit but also the hard version of it which has led to the protocol and now weirdly there are like the only remoaner party left in Westminster. I don't know what kind of plan they can come up with they seem to be asking the Tories to do something who themselves don't look like they take the whole Brexit thing they just agreed very seriously but maybe also don't really care as much about Northern Ireland as the DUP would like either. They might lose some support to another unionist party perhaps I really don't know the UK government itself seems to be completely off the rails and totally unprepared for their new relationship with the EU.
isn't it amazing that for, supposedly, a civilised country, that they always seem to end up with cunts like that in charge.

and depsite everything, they're still the most popular party in the latest opinion polls.

the only conclusion one can draw from this is that brits are mad.

anyone order anything from the UK recently?
I'm trying to ascertain my relative risk of getting rode by customs vs paying slightly more for the same shite from Europe
Couple of books and a record came through without any customs stuff. All orders under 50 quid though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back