General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

Fair play to the guy from labour for calling out these pair.
Everybody knows that about these cunts. Michael owns what, 23 flats or something stupid like that. The Healy-Raes have always been cunts, these day the experts at pretending to be working class are Labour after their last stint in government. Never forget the shit that Moan Burton got up to, horrible cunt.

TL;DR; SF and Lab are the most centrist parties in the dail.
though i suspect what classes as centrist is a matter of judgment; or is there a well understood baseline that is considered authoritative?

TL;DR; SF and Lab are the most centrist parties in the dail.
though i suspect what classes as centrist is a matter of judgment; or is there a well understood baseline that is considered authoritative?

Interesting. I guess SF's position on individual/property taxation is what moves them towards the centre

What defines centre would be worth knowing.

Is it the 1937 constitution?

well, the website is owned in NZ, whether that would shed any light on it. dunno what affiliations or leaning the owners (pace media) would have. but the commentary underneath is not quite as dry as you'd expect; 'hopped into bed' etc.

anyway, that analysis came to my attention in a tweet commenting 'oh look, SF are more centrist than FG'. i assume it was meant to suggest that's bad for SF, but pretty much most positions more centrist that FG would be good, i think?

Huge if true but my gut says they've just changed the name and everything else is stuff they were already supposed to be doing now and kicking it down the line a few years. Who gives a fuck about a name change?

There was definitely already talk of them "ending" it over the past few years wasn't there? The devil will be in the details I guess.

I demand a citizens assembly starting in 8 months that'll last for a year and then take another 6 months to compile recommendations, at which point we can ignore them as they aren't legally binding.

A citizens assembly is still 100 more democratics than the mates->td->bill->voteforthelads system that we generally use.

I am on the same page as moose here though, i want to see what the detail is. the report i saw this morning said new 'international' system which could really mean 'not for profit in ireland'.

A citizens assembly is still 100 more democratics than the mates->td->bill->voteforthelads system that we generally use.
I don't see how it's democratic when it fails at the first hurdle of democracy which is having ruling authority to actually do something.

I am on the same page as moose here though, i want to see what the detail is. the report i saw this morning said new 'international' system which could really mean 'not for profit in ireland'.
Ah I know, I just wanted to say something snarky about our usual methods of kicking the can down the road. I use you as my white paper reader in most of these things as I can't be bothered so it's in my interests that you find this!

As long as we leave the previous system that was bad in place for the next three years everything is gonna be ok. Just need to change the name and ditch the baggage. Hopefully all the people traumatised by the direct provision system can just ditch the baggage of it too. Fuck me like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back