• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not gonna start watching videos, what age do you think I am?

However, I did coincidentally come across a quote from Chris Hedges in a book from 2016 I just read

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-03 at 23.01.47.jpeg

Not gonna start watching videos, what age do you think I am?

However, I did coincidentally come across a quote from Chris Hedges in a book from 2016 I just read

View attachment 14611
am - bit of a bollox historical comparison there - surely celebration of force and militarism was kinda what the rise of both Roman and Austrian empires were all about in the first place? Indeed military weakness was what finished the Romans off more so than the emperors riding their sisters.

am - bit of a bollox historical comparison there - surely celebration of force and militarism was kinda what the rise of both Roman and Austrian empires were all about in the first place? Indeed military weakness was what finished the Romans off more so than the emperors riding their sisters.
Indeed!

I have no idea about the original context of this quote since it's a quote in a book about Vaporwave but you should definitely do something about it.

I suppose one could argue that military weakness arose because of a culture that celebrates military strength in terms of the spectacle at the expense of running an empire well. Perhaps I have stumbled onto the original context, who knows.

As far as Rome goes anyway, stronger Emperors (and by stronger I mean more capable at managing the empire, not just better militarily, in fact even a more clearly defined line of succession) might have held it together longer. Easier to look at the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire in this respect, its 1000 year or so history is basically a litany of shit rulers watching their domain grow smaller and smaller until only Constantinople remained, and it's really highlighted by the odd savvy emperor that pops up every 200 years or so and 'stops the rot' for a couple of decades before they die.

As far as Rome goes anyway, stronger Emperors (and by stronger I mean more capable at managing the empire, not just better militarily, in fact even a more clearly defined line of succession) might have held it together longer. Easier to look at the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire in this respect, its 1000 year or so history is basically a litany of shit rulers watching their domain grow smaller and smaller until only Constantinople remained, and it's really highlighted by the odd savvy emperor that pops up every 200 years or so and 'stops the rot' for a couple of decades before they die.
yeah - but a focus on 'hyper masculine values' and militarism was part of the deal from the start. there was an emphasis on anyone wanting to make a successful political career in republican Rome to have led successful military campaigns etc.

Aye, in fairness I think the Punic wars really embedded that shit in Roman culture after Hannibal almost took down all of Italy, after Scipio saved them there was always a massive focus on the militaristic culture then. I'd say they probably weren't quite as cuntish before Hannibal threatened the gates of Rome. Anyway definitely The Republic was naturally far less overtly militaristic than The Empire, but sure what's gonna happen when you let the 'benevolent' fascists take over and start running stuff themselves.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its 2.3 billion less than what Trump tried to sue Tim O'Brien for.

Last edited:
Early prediction of Republican/white power celebrity candidate for 2024: Marilyn Manson
there was some yoke I watched at a friend's house where he played Nazi/WP type role, and possibly shanked someone in jail?

Given the previous creature in the WH, that roll would probably good enough qualifications to run.

I'm sure that was sons of anarchy, which btw, was rubbish.

I guess if he could be popular in godless places like California or NY, but surely bible bashers would never go for him?

there was some yoke I watched at a friend's house where he played Nazi/WP type role, and possibly shanked someone in jail?

Given the previous creature in the WH, that roll would probably good enough qualifications to run.

I guess if he could be popular in godless places like California or NY, but surely bible bashers would never go for him?
He's into nazi memorabilia/imagery and people have dug up old interviews where he said dodgy racial stuff

No one could understand why Bible bashers would go for an immoral prick like Trump either but a bit of white supremacy goes a long way

I'm not sure what it was. I sort of walked in and saw it on the TV there, and realised it was Mr Edgelord himself. It gave the impression of being a bit shit anyway. I think the shanking was decently executed though.

yeah - but a focus on 'hyper masculine values' and militarism was part of the deal from the start. there was an emphasis on anyone wanting to make a successful political career in republican Rome to have led successful military campaigns etc.
in fairness this was mostly intended as a method of demonstrating your loyalty to rome, with the implicit intention of ensuring that would-be politicians who were motivated purely by personal ambition rather than a sense of civic duty would be dissuaded from entering public life to begin with, because in order to do so you needed to risk your life before you even get going. has been copied as a general strategy by plenty of subsequent regimes of all ideological stripes over the intervening last couple of millennia

He's into nazi memorabilia/imagery and people have dug up old interviews where he said dodgy racial stuff

No one could understand why Bible bashers would go for an immoral prick like Trump either but a bit of white supremacy goes a long way

It is tricky, isn't it? I have no answers. I think maybe, when I was a teen watching and reading about MM I thought "At least the nerds geeks freaks and wierdo's are having their day", embodied by himself. I didn't like the aesthetic, I found the music a bit boring, though moshingly good, he was still obviously a gobshite. And in interviews in Kerrang or whatever, I thought those stories were very strange, but "ROCK STAR", and between like-minded consensual adults. But I was only a stupid teenager at the time.

It's a bit like explaining what post-ironic is. I thought that's what he was doing. But now, as an older man, I realise, no, he's just a silly spoilt rock star twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back