Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

ehhh if work depends on it then he can't afford to not buy it.

also

He's taking the piss. You need a bike for work you can pick up somethign usable for fuck all when it comes down to it.

Here @magicbastarder is that paint, or some kind of electroplating?

It's a nice bike.

Is adverts.ie the standard place for flogging stuff in Ireland? I'll need to buy another bastarding car I suppose.

ehhh if work depends on it then he can't afford to not buy it.

also

He's taking the piss. You need a bike for work you can pick up somethign usable for fuck all when it comes down to it.
Exactly.

I like the guy, but his nickname is Princess for good reason.

-venting complete-

It's a nice bike.
it's just a bronze metallic paint.
it *is* a nice bike, but i've a second equilibrium with discs. so this is surplus now; i have the luxury of a garage, so have/had a summer bike, a winter bike, a commuter bike etc.
don't need the commuter option anymore.

It's a nice bike.

Is adverts.ie the standard place for flogging stuff in Ireland? I'll need to buy another bastarding car I suppose.
adverts is hell, but also yes

so many spoofers/time wasters/chancers on there it's not even funny

i put an ad up there recently, selected NON NEGOTIABLE option so it appeared, as intended, as

Asking price: €100 NON NEGOTIABLE
Text of the ad said:

no swaps, trades or offers below asking price, please

FIRST response:

tecsteward 4 weeks ago

€80 can collect in the next hour.

this was posted on boards yesterday:

"The "king" had a really bad fall last sunday week and sustained a lot of injuries. While out on the mountain bike. No one is sure about what happen exactly.
He was blessed there was a few out with him, that were able to call for an ambulance and help to treat him on the roadside while they were waiting for the ambulance to arrive.
He is currently still in hospital.
Injuries include broken collar bone, nose and 8 ribs, punctured lung, and cut artery on his head that they struggled to stem the blood flow from the cut.

When you consider the amount of high speed crashes he has had over the years, this probably is the worse injuries he sustained.

Wishing him all the best in his recovery"

this was posted on boards yesterday:

"The "king" had a really bad fall last sunday week and sustained a lot of injuries. While out on the mountain bike. No one is sure about what happen exactly.
He was blessed there was a few out with him, that were able to call for an ambulance and help to treat him on the roadside while they were waiting for the ambulance to arrive.
He is currently still in hospital.
Injuries include broken collar bone, nose and 8 ribs, punctured lung, and cut artery on his head that they struggled to stem the blood flow from the cut.

When you consider the amount of high speed crashes he has had over the years, this probably is the worse injuries he sustained.

Wishing him all the best in his recovery"
As in King Kelly?

I thought it was more a case of being caught between 2 stools. They are not bikes, nor are they motorized vehicles, by whatever definition of that exists. In other words there is no provision for them to be allowed anywhere. Could have that wrong, mind you.
looks like ryan is getting round the promised legislation; "the proposed legislation will allow escooters to be used legally in a public place and will also address standards to be met by PPTs in the interests of safety. Tax, insurance and driving licenses will not be required."

the bike is nearly finished coming together, just need a new chain; i could lash the old worn one back on to test, but it's a dark and damp out, so i'll just buy a new one in the morning. has cost me €200 so far, but a quarter of that was the saddle, secondhand. will probably buy a new carrier (i want a chrome one rather than the cheap black anodised one which was on it when i bought it) and i've yet to try to clean the original mudguards to see if they're usable,

PXL_20210201_204418934.jpg

scutter-e
the bike is nearly finished coming together, just need a new chain; i could lash the old worn one back on to test, but it's a dark and damp out, so i'll just buy a new one in the morning. has cost me €200 so far, but a quarter of that was the saddle, secondhand. will probably buy a new carrier (i want a chrome one rather than the cheap black anodised one which was on it when i bought it) and i've yet to try to clean the original mudguards to see if they're usable,

View attachment 14603

I dunno what it is about those old geometries, but the forks always look slightly bent inwards to my naked eye.

And then if you get some edges out and test it you find out they're straight. Every time.

it *does* actually lean a little back from the head tube. but there's no sign whatsoever of any crash damage.
speaking of which, i think the bars did take a little bit of damage, the left drop is bent inwards by a degree or two. did not spot that in the dark car park when i bought them for a tenner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back