Comprehensive list of Record shops in Ireland (all island) 2016 (1 Viewer)

This one - 3345 Records, not a great name let's be fair - just opened on Mount St. Mullingar eh, not that long ago. Seems like a mad time to be opening a record store. And in Mullingar as well. What a kip. That particular street close to the courts seems to be getting quite gentrified. There's a store with coffee beans across the road.

Bought Peter Gabriel's first album in there for a tenner before Xmas, and a few crackers of Human league 7"s the time before for peanuts. Secondhand section seemed to be getting bigger with - what I can hazily now remember - interesting 80s rock stuff.

I'm on an extended stay in Mullingar atm but I haven't seen that shop open yet, bad timing. I like the name and it looks quite nice from the outside, like a proper record shop. Have you seen the tea and coffee shop opposite dealz? Very nice take-away coffee there. Also beans, grinders and stuff

They did a nice job sprucing up the court house, and the county hall before that and then spoiled it with an excess of bollards and flag poles lamp posts and those tall plastic lights and other bits of shit all cluttering the place up.

I'm on an extended stay in Mullingar atm but I haven't seen that shop open yet, bad timing. I like the name and it looks quite nice from the outside, like a proper record shop. Have you seen the tea and coffee shop opposite dealz? Very nice take-away coffee there. Also beans, grinders and stuff

You're out in Ballynacarrigy, right? Had a frosty experience in McGuinnesses last summer after collecting something from the vet down there.

I probably wouldn't consider takeout coffee on my current budget. I've been drinking mostly instant so far this year - Nescafe Intenso and things like that. I have also forsaken prestige TV [mostly bollocks, let's be fair] for the more bitesize hit of Eastenders. Cutting down on the coff, but my brother bought me a voucher for that place so I suppose I'll have to use it. Dealz served me well when I was still on the sugar before August - multipacks of Twixes, and the odd box of After Eights, etc.

But that shop, now that you mention it, I might invest in a stovepot or a grinder.

Re: 3345. Nice bloke, easily contacted on social media. The store layout itself is pretty bland. Not exactly what you'd call a characterful shop. He's offering free delivery on a 5 mile radius of Mullingar and free postage within Ireland on orders over 50 quid.

You're out in Ballynacarrigy, right? Had a frosty experience in McGuinnesses last summer after collecting something from the vet down there.

I probably wouldn't consider takeout coffee on my current budget. I've been drinking mostly instant so far this year - Nescafe Intenso and things like that. I have also forsaken prestige TV [mostly bollocks, let's be fair] for the more bitesize hit of Eastenders. Cutting down on the coff, but my brother bought me a voucher for that place so I suppose I'll have to use it. Dealz served me well when I was still on the sugar before August - multipacks of Twixes, and the odd box of After Eights, etc.

But that shop, now that you mention it, I might invest in a stovepot or a grinder.

Re: 3345. Nice bloke, easily contacted on social media. The store layout itself is pretty bland. Not exactly what you'd call a characterful shop. He's offering free delivery on a 5 mile radius of Mullingar and free postage within Ireland on orders over 50 quid.
No, I'm right in the heart of Mullingar town. I hate Dealz. Drinking a take away coffee in the park is the most exciting thing in my life at the moment. I might buy an aeropress thing in the shop.

the old freebird - under the bus stop shop on the quays. first stop every saturday for me. great bargains to be had because the records were pretty much always the same price, rare or not. many's a great record picked up in that plac
Exactly, it used to be 3.99, or 4.99 for anything out of the ordinary. I miss that. The internet, and especially Discogs, fucked that type of business model.

No, I'm right in the heart of Mullingar town. I hate Dealz. Drinking a take away coffee in the park is the most exciting thing in my life at the moment. I might buy an aeropress thing in the shop.

heart of Mullingar.... qualifies as some sort of oxymoron award. It's been killing my heart since the 1990s - even from afar. Bad juju tears through its main artery.

Curious about the price of the sauna in the swimming pool whenever it opens.

heart of Mullingar.... qualifies as some sort of oxymoron award. It's been killing my heart since the 1990s - even from afar. Bad juju tears through its main artery.

Nobody goes to the heart of Mullingar anyway, it's all about the outlying car parks.

That new place in Drumcondra is right on my go to route to DCU, if I ever have any reason to go up that way again.

Joe Dolan used to voiceover a radio advert promoting his home town circa late 80's:
'' THE BEST BY FAR IS MULLINGAR''.

I've never been there myself. Can't ever remember being in Westmeath either.

that's the one i was referring to. the one that may cause narcolepsy when given to teenagers.

Joe Dolan used to voiceover a radio advert promoting his home town circa late 80's:
'' THE BEST BY FAR IS MULLINGAR''.

I've never been there myself. Can't ever remember being in Westmeath either.
Joe was alright, I reckon. His brother Ray though is a mad deluded, narcissistic arsehole, and tries to pass his narcissism off as just a bit of craic. That's the worst of it.

The Heart of Darkness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back