Film chat (1 Viewer)

The new James Bond has been revealed

0_marty-morrissey.jpg

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

nice cover for a meeting with Xenu, IN FAIRNESS

Seen Under The Shadow and thought it was pretty good.

"Back in 1965, Smithfield Square and other parts of the northside of Dublin were transformed into Berlin, to much excitement and hoopla.
Richard Burton was in town - with Liz Taylor in tow - to film The Spy Who Came In From The Cold."

Press release

Dublin Film Critics Circle 2020 awards announced

Céline Sciamma's Portrait of a Lady on Fire has been named best film of 2020 in the annual poll from the Dublin Film Critics Circle (DFCC). Sciamma polled a close second behind Bong Joon Ho, who was named Best Director for his work on the Academy Award winning Parasite.

Wolfwalkers, the latest animated feature from Kilkenny's Cartoon Saloon, was named Best Irish Film.

The increasingly dominant streaming platform Netflix produced the year's Best Documentary, David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet, and Uncut Gems, for which Adam Sandler was named Best Actor. Jessie Buckley from Kerry was named Best Actress for her work on I'm Thinking of Ending Things, another Netflix exclusive.

The DFCC awarded its annual breakthrough prize to Morfydd Clark for her work on Saint Maud and The Personal History of David Copperfield. The latter film won Best Screenplay for writers Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci.

The Dublin Film Critics Circle, whose president is Tara Brady of the Irish Times, comprises full-time critics working within the capital. In addition to its annual awards, it presents a range of prizes at the Dublin International Film Festival.

Best Film - Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Best Director - Bong Joon Ho, Parasite

Best Irish Film - Wolfwalkers

Best Documentary - David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet

Best Actor - Adam Sandler, Uncut Gems

Best Actress - Jessie Buckley, I'm Thinking of Ending Things

Best Screenplay -Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, The Personal History of David Copperfield

Best Cinematography - Roger Deakins, 1917

Breakthrough - Morfydd Clark, The Personal History of David Copperfield, Saint Maud

ENDS

I've seen none of them, hardly surprising. Would you recommend any?
I've seen Ghost Stories and Gerald's Game.
I really liked Ghost Stories.
Gerald's Game started off well but ended badly, like a lot of Stephen King. It's made by the same guys that made Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor
Both are on Netflix

The good poster digs deep within, considers the evidence and the context, reads the source material, watches the movie, and then responds "how is this news" underneath the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back