Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

I’m in London. Police here are pretty good.

Well, small town ireland for me.
We had an issue at work where a car had been dumped outside our office door, no insurance, no tax, and cars Ireland search of license plate did not agree to the car itself. I

It was there for months, we had informed gardai, they said they'd looked

Finally after 5 months, they were over with garda impound truck to take it away.

And we are beside the garda station and it took them months to take action.

had a vaguely similar issue once before (dublin city council area); rang the council, and got the response 'there's nothing we can do if there are plates on the car'.
'so where does that leave me? we need the car moved'
'THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO IF THERE ARE PLATES ON THE CAR'
'oh'.

removed the plates and left them on the roof, waited two days, and rang the council from work, and it was gone when i got home.

had a vaguely similar issue once before (dublin city council area); rang the council, and got the response 'there's nothing we can do if there are plates on the car'.
'so where does that leave me? we need the car moved'
'THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO IF THERE ARE PLATES ON THE CAR'
'oh'.

removed the plates and left them on the roof, waited two days, and rang the council from work, and it was gone when i got home.
My experience with DCC is that they are good for doing that kind of thing, letting you know what to do without actually saying it so they don't get in trouble

3462.jpg

Although most people deserve it right now for sure

Mehole been saying that there'll be restrictions for at least the first 6 months of the year, and it would take a major reduction in cases to see a change after that, but of course they're not actually going to try and make any effort to make that happen.
Currently they're talking about quarantining people travelling here from certain countries, but only those select countries (Brazil, SA, some others) and not all travellers. Of course, during the week some government minister on the Tonight show was literally saying this would 'stigmatise' people from those countries already here, as a way to imply that Roisin Shortall was being racist in some way by calling for quarantines. A few days later, it seems to be what they're moving to do, rather than just quarantine everybody coming into the country.

I reckon Mehole doesn't want to restrict travel too much because if they do, then it will really look shit when he tries to fuck off to Washington for a week in March.

Mehole been saying that there'll be restrictions for at least the first 6 months of the year, and it would take a major reduction in cases to see a change after that, but of course they're not actually going to try and make any effort to make that happen.
Currently they're talking about quarantining people travelling here from certain countries, but only those select countries (Brazil, SA, some others) and not all travellers. Of course, during the week some government minister on the Tonight show was literally saying this would 'stigmatise' people from those countries already here, as a way to imply that Roisin Shortall was being racist in some way by calling for quarantines. A few days later, it seems to be what they're moving to do, rather than just quarantine everybody coming into the country.

I reckon Mehole doesn't want to restrict travel too much because if they do, then it will really look shit when he tries to fuck off to Washington for a week in March.

fuck that desperate excuse for a leader

It annoys me that he spent whatever number of months sorting a vanity deal with varadkar just to so he could be taoiseach for two years and now, given two major crisis on which he, the 'health td' has a once in a century opportunity to prove himself that after all those negotiations (we all remember how he made his name, right?) has been a rudderless ghost throughout.

The whole government is just a fucking shambles like. Taoiseach and Tanaiste who basically keep switching places and are trying to blame everything on everybody else, Health Minister who won't press for student nurses to actually get paid and has done nothing to prevent the really obvious virus spikes, Education Minister who said she'd consulted with teachers about reopening schools and then had to totally cancel all those plans after the teachers said she hadn't talked to them at all, Special Education minister who calls the other kids 'normal', agriculture minister who got the job after the other 2 had to quit, it's just fucking joke after joke with these cunts.

This PCR test 72 hour req looks close to an impossibility for me.

The waiting time for the test results are 5-7 days, meaning by the time I get them they'll be over the 72hour limit and useless. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Are people really able to get tested, get notified of the results, and arrive in the country in 72 hours? I guess an average PCR assay takes roughly a 6-8 hours. I think? I suppose it's possible.

I don't think I'll have any chance to get inside this 72 hour window. That's annoying.

Everyone else is able to just get this done I guess? Hm.

edit.. wait... that's just the PCR, then they have to sequence the results... and then align them back??

How do they get this done so fast. Man. Glad I'm not having to do this shit. That's a very fast turn around.

I know someone who had to get a test done on arriving in Dublin airport recently and it cost them €150
according to the site it says you need to have it before you arrive?

Even if you have everything lined up perfectly, which I guess might be the case at this point, getting the pipeline done in 48 hours is an achievement. Meaning, you'd need to be locked in Dublin Airport for the time period?

Or... how does that work?

If I just accepted defeat could a spend a day getting a night's sleep in Dublin before driving out home out in culchie land?

according to the site it says you need to have it before you arrive?

Even if you have everything lined up perfectly, which I guess might be the case at this point, getting the pipeline done in 48 hours is an achievement. Meaning, you'd need to be locked in Dublin Airport for the time period?

Or... how does that work?

If I just accepted defeat could a spend a day getting a night's sleep in Dublin before driving out home out in culchie land?
I dunno how it actually works cause I haven't bothered looking into it being that I'm not travelling anywhere, but my friend was flying over from France and had tested negative in France a few days before flying, then had to do another test in Dublin airport. The test in France was free, the test at the airport cost €150.

I dunno how it actually works cause I haven't bothered looking into it being that I'm not travelling anywhere, but my friend was flying over from France and had tested negative in France a few days before flying, then had to do another test in Dublin airport. The test in France was free, the test at the airport cost €150.

but, they seem to mandate a PCR test. Meaning they have to take it off to a lab, amplify it, and sequence it etc. It's going to take a while to get a result, it's not a test you can do in the airport.

They say
> All passengers arriving into Ireland (except those arriving from Northern Ireland) are required to have a negative/‘not detected’ result from a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland.

Meaning, you can't get on the plane unless you have the results I'm guessing.
There's no mention of tests in the airport.

I'm too tired to figure this out probably, but absolute min I'd say it's ~two days to get a PCR test through, if you're running round the clock labs. Then there's travel time, the flight knocks another ~12 hours between all the fucking around.

If everything goes like clockwork, I can see it just scraping in on time. But in reality I don't see how it's possible.

The whole government is just a fucking shambles like. Taoiseach and Tanaiste who basically keep switching places and are trying to blame everything on everybody else, Health Minister who won't press for student nurses to actually get paid and has done nothing to prevent the really obvious virus spikes, Education Minister who said she'd consulted with teachers about reopening schools and then had to totally cancel all those plans after the teachers said she hadn't talked to them at all, Special Education minister who calls the other kids 'normal', agriculture minister who got the job after the other 2 had to quit, it's just fucking joke after joke with these cunts.
Wait, are you my uncle who's just discovered social media?

but, they seem to mandate a PCR test. Meaning they have to take it off to a lab, amplify it, and sequence it etc. It's going to take a while to get a result, it's not a test you can do in the airport.

They say
> All passengers arriving into Ireland (except those arriving from Northern Ireland) are required to have a negative/‘not detected’ result from a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland.

Meaning, you can't get on the plane unless you have the results I'm guessing.
There's no mention of tests in the airport.

I'm too tired to figure this out probably, but absolute min I'd say it's ~two days to get a PCR test through, if you're running round the clock labs. Then there's travel time, the flight knocks another ~12 hours between all the fucking around.

If everything goes like clockwork, I can see it just scraping in on time. But in reality I don't see how it's possible.
I thought the main tests had progressed to the stage where they get done in about 15 minutes with 99% accuracy?

I thought the main tests had progressed to the stage where they get done in about 15 minutes with 99% accuracy?
I mean... it's been a while since I did a PCR assay, but no. Not possible, even the first step isn't possible in that kind of time frame.

They have other tests, antibody tests for example, which are more or less instantaneous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back