Minor complaints thread (26 Viewers)

Ah but pete, isn't this exactly the point. It's late and I'm not able to explain it really. For everyone's benefit it's better if I don't try right now. -Do your own research- etc.

It's a complicated thorny issue, and I'm sure we could each write a thesis on it. I think we can all agree it's a bit fucking annoying in general.

When I'm elected dictator of the Ireland the mediaval unified tech cult island nation I'm just gonna do the math on the energy and the amount of farmland and everyone's getting a lifelong cubic metre allowance like that creepy town in the netherlands.

Sorted.

there's a fantastic book called 'the forgiveness of nature' by a guy called graham harvey where (among other things) he explains how lawns became entrenched as a status symbol.
it's primarily about grass/ecology though.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a fantastic book called 'the forgiveness of nature' by a guy called graham harvey where (among other things) he explains how lawns became entrenched as a status symbol.
it's primarily about grass/ecology though.
There's a fantastic book called Das Kapital . Three volumes as well.

Here we are all smug, saying "have people learned nothing?" while people are just getting on with their lives and dealing with shit without needing pricks like us to lecture them on The Proper Way To Do Things
Disagree, telling people what to do is exactly what Thatcher did and it worked. People love to be told what to do as long as they can feel good about it. Clarity is good, scolding is not.

Fairly sure this "deep need/want" is not a natural thing and we just tell ourselves it is because it gives us an out from the horrors of what we are directly responsible for.
It goes back to stuff in half learned in community school.

You need shelter
You want a the two storey mazzanine with a grand piano.

You need food
You want 2kg of crisps and a slab of red ale.

Kinda tracks to maslow's hierarchy of needs. Some keep you alive, those are needs, you will physically die without them. The rest is layers of jerking off.

It goes back to stuff in half learned in community school.

You need shelter
You want a the two storey mazzanine with a grand piano.

You need food
You want 2kg of crisps and a slab of red ale.

Kinda tracks to maslow's hierarchy of needs. Some keep you alive, those are needs, you will physically die without them. The rest is layers of jerking off.
Well yes, and self-actualization doesn't come from being Elon Musk but it's hard to know that if all of society is set up in such a way that it tells you it does, you know?

Fairly sure this "deep need/want" is not a natural thing and we just tell ourselves it is because it gives us an out from the horrors of what we are directly responsible for.
Fairly sure it is. Competition for status drives most of our small-scale behaviours, as far as I can see - it's not "jerking off", it's baked in deep down in our nature. The best we can hope for is to find less destructive ways to compete

Fairly sure it is. Competition for status drives most of our small-scale behaviours, as far as I can see - it's not "jerking off", it's baked in deep down in our nature. The best we can hope for is to find less destructive ways to compete
I know what you mean, but it's like "markets encourage healthy competition and this can be useful" vs. "markets are everything, we need to financialize our very biology because it will make us more competitive at living, which is what we want because markets are everything"

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back