Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (8 Viewers)

What do they check every year? Is it like a thing you can get? Check up please doctor! I must check if my insurance covers this
ECG, blood pressure and some blood tests for things that can go awry for a man my age. They call it a Well Man check I think. Discovered my cholesterol was v high, made big changes to my diet as a result

i have to go to the doc next week for some blood tests. my sister has haemochromatosis, which means a one in four chance i have it, and my dad was diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer before he was 60, so i need to get that tested too.
though the doc tried some, ahem, physical means of testing which didn't raise any immediate concerns.

i wonder at what point bloods will include a routine test for covid antibodies? or will that be relevant after being vaccinated?

i have to go to the doc next week for some blood tests. my sister has haemochromatosis, which means a one in four chance i have it, and my dad was diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer before he was 60, so i need to get that tested too.
though the doc tried some, ahem, physical means of testing which didn't raise any immediate concerns.

i wonder at what point bloods will include a routine test for covid antibodies? or will that be relevant after being vaccinated?
the last time I had a blood test the doc had a shitload of vials, each with a lid of a different colour. She said she needed to put a sample in each and that the colour meant she was requesting to test for a particular thing.

As in, they don't look for everything in a single sample. They send different samples different ways to get tested for different things.

I'm sure there is a base level though that they always check for. The dangerous shit, like.

The only reason I was able to register with the quack in Cavan was because he was my gfs friends husbands cousin which I was able to leverage! Only way I could get me head in the door having been told previously to gtfo and come back when you're sick.

I was only round there cos I wanted to get a colonoscopy cos my fam is fucking riddled with cancer .and I thought I'd get the jump on it. Ended up getting in and got the letter for the hospital and went on the waiting list..two years later I'm on a building site in Dublin during a pandemic and I get a text to confirm I'm coming in tomorrow for the scope. Needless to say I didn't make it.

Which reminds me I need to call my quack here in Dublin and get myself on the colonoscopy list again. Or at least get her to stick her finger up me arse and have a wee rummage about and see whats what.

Fuck it though..I'm waiting till after the pandeminc

Incidentally..I usually get a few chest infections every year and I've had none in 12 months..not a fucking sniffle. I feel fucking great! First year thats ever happened.

the last time I had a blood test the doc had a shitload of vials, each with a lid of a different colour. She said she needed to put a sample in each and that the colour meant she was requesting to test for a particular thing.

As in, they don't look for everything in a single sample. They send different samples different ways to get tested for different things.

I'm sure there is a base level though that they always check for. The dangerous shit, like.
there's different additives in the tubes that are better for different analytes - some stop the clotting process, and what you end up with when you spin the blood cells out is called plasma, and some enhance it, giving you serum when you've spun them down.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd say Leo is incorrect about the first part but correct about the second part. From what i've seen the government has never had a plan or even an idea how to solve that problem. If they did then we could eradicate Covid entirely on the island, but it'd probably involve doing politics and they're not qualified : /

Ah I'm sure there will be some bros with swarthy arms, great driving ability of oversize pickups and 1-2 well toned woke quips along to save the day anytime soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd say Leo is incorrect about the first part but correct about the second part. From what i've seen the government has never had a plan or even an idea how to solve that problem. If they did then we could eradicate Covid entirely on the island, but it'd probably involve doing politics and they're not qualified : /

there's probably no point though. They'd be more minded in putting their efforts into keeping tabs on people coming into the country, and putting resources into making sure they don't act the fuck. Of those entering Ireland every week, a large proportion are exempt from quarantine rules. If the remaining numbers are as low as Leo suggests, then CHASE THE FUCKERS (of whom I'll be one next week or the week after).

If they're saying we will all be vaccinated by September, then putting this quarantine shite in place, on its own will do fuck all. Yes we import cases, but very few. Its the acting the bollox at the other end, is the real problem. We'll still need a strict lockdown to get the existing cases down. How long to get them to zero? Based on the march lockdown, which was severe in the extreme, it will take months and months. We got cases down to 6 per day in July without this in place. That was solely from people observing the national lockdown. The cases started to rise again for 2 main reasons; direct provision and meat factories.

Why the fuck would they have this lightbulb moment 12 months into the pandemic that, all of a sudden, we can lock people in jail when they arrive in the country, and that will solve all our problems? It would make more sense to just close the airport and stop all flights, full stop. We are not New Zealand. We will never be New Zealand. I'm sure there's a large cohort there who are extremely pissed off with the situation - as in, they've sacrificed a hell of a lot to be where they are. Perhaps worth it, perhaps not.

Imposing a mandatory quarantine now, 12 months on, and 6/7 months away from us all being (potentially) vaccinated, seems a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

If we really want to fix this;
- impose a full travel ban, except for 'essential' travel but with a much stricter definition of 'essential'.
- close the border
- full lockdown, including schools. Back to a 2km travel limit
- night-time curfew - it beggars belief that we haven't done this yet.
- all non-frontline workplaces closed.

But we were never about eradicating covid. We've always been about trying to control it. The fact that tonnes of cunts partied their heads off over christmas and sent the thing out of control, means we failed miserably. But rather than focusing on the actual problem, lets just hit the fucking nail with a sledgehammer cos the fuckos on twitter won't stop pissing and moaning until we do.

there's probably no point though. They'd be more minded in putting their efforts into keeping tabs on people coming into the country, and putting resources into making sure they don't act the fuck. Of those entering Ireland every week, a large proportion are exempt from quarantine rules. If the remaining numbers are as low as Leo suggests, then CHASE THE FUCKERS (of whom I'll be one next week or the week after).

A "robust" Track and trace system is the one method worldwide that has worked so we're not doing it.

If they're saying we will all be vaccinated by September, then putting this quarantine shite in place, on its own will do fuck all. Yes we import cases, but very few. Its the acting the bollox at the other end, is the real problem. We'll still need a strict lockdown to get the existing cases down. How long to get them to zero? Based on the march lockdown, which was severe in the extreme, it will take months and months. We got cases down to 6 per day in July without this in place. That was solely from people observing the national lockdown. The cases started to rise again for 2 main reasons; direct provision and meat factories.

Why the fuck would they have this lightbulb moment 12 months into the pandemic that, all of a sudden, we can lock people in jail when they arrive in the country, and that will solve all our problems? It would make more sense to just close the airport and stop all flights, full stop. We are not New Zealand. We will never be New Zealand. I'm sure there's a large cohort there who are extremely pissed off with the situation - as in, they've sacrificed a hell of a lot to be where they are. Perhaps worth it, perhaps not.

Imposing a mandatory quarantine now, 12 months on, and 6/7 months away from us all being (potentially) vaccinated, seems a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

- impose a full travel ban, except for 'essential' travel but with a much stricter definition of 'essential'.
- close the border

But we were never about eradicating covid. We've always been about trying to control it. The fact that tonnes of cunts partied their heads off over christmas and sent the thing out of control, means we failed miserably. But rather than focusing on the actual problem, lets just hit the fucking nail with a sledgehammer cos the fuckos on twitter won't stop pissing and moaning until we do.
That's right!

- close the border

What's the rationale for a curfew? Just as another barrier to people moving about, like the 5km limit now and shutting the shops so no one has anywhere to go and mingle?

What's the rationale for a curfew? Just as another barrier to people moving about, like the 5km limit now and shutting the shops so no one has anywhere to go and mingle?
stops people going out on the piss, mainly. They have a weekend one here and its been very effective. On fridays and saturdays people have to stay indoors from 10pm until 5am. No one has complained about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back