Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

Bandersnatch and Psyclapse were two video games being developed in the mid 80s by Imagine software, back in the heyday of home computers and ferarri-driving game programmers.

One was for the ZX Spectrum, the other for the Commodore 64 and they were said to be so advanced they'd require hardware addons to function. They were advertised as "mega games", with ads involving only the awed faces of the developers looking a the glow from a TV - no screenshots, or anything to indicate what the games would be.

They eventually bankrupted the company and were never released.

edit:

P00006.jpg

Set in 1984, Bandersnatch tells of a computer programmer trying to adapt a fantasy novel into a video game.

As the episode progresses, viewers are invited to make the lead character's choices for him - decisions that send the plot in different directions.

The resulting episode has more than a trillion unique permutations due to all the potential variants involved.

hmm

Here, am I the only one that thinks some of the acting in Black Mirror is distractingly bad?

Some of it's good, but jaysus there's some jarring ones. I like the stories, I watched the lot of them, but yesh. I would have thought the place would be falling down with budding acting talent all eager to shine and all.

I thought that was very good. Not sure how many of the endings i got to... or how many were "endings" at all, now that i think of it.

Could have been 25 mins. Liked lisa kudrow in it. Supposedly 16 writers credited, wonder did they write all the good out of it.
Getting celebrities to be in your thing does not a good thing make. Brooker used to rip the piss out of this kind of stuff. And loads of the jokes and actors were only really relevant to American audiences. Like who knows what Qubi is?

Getting celebrities to be in your thing does not a good thing make. Brooker used to rip the piss out of this kind of stuff. And loads of the jokes and actors were only really relevant to American audiences. Like who knows what Qubi is?

The more i think about it the more i think they asked him for a wipe for netflix, and he wrote one, and then they realised how acidic he is in those things and that they didin't have the stomach for what he submitted and then just threw money at taking anything fun out of it.

The more i think about it the more i think they asked him for a wipe for netflix, and he wrote one, and then they realised how acidic he is in those things and that they didin't have the stomach for what he submitted and then just threw money at taking anything fun out of it.

yeah it was really like a screenwipe. The mock bits were too similar in tone and imposssible to contrast agains actual facts. /too similar
Poorly executed show.
Felt half arsed

. The mock bits were too similar in tone and imposssible to contrast agains actual facts. /too similar
You know that could be the key to its shitness - Not having the bbc news archive to trawl for visuals, netflix was forced to use its own archive of well paid people delivering dubious scripts at great length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back